Will my face ever recover from IPL laser treatments? (Photo)

I completed 5 treatments. Each 5-6 wk apart. The first 3 were ok. The 4th one I noticed my skin texture changing. As the days passed my skin became dry, rough,enlarged pores, inflamed,burning and stinging sensations. I wish I never went back for the 5th. My skin isn't my skin anymore. It's been a month. Instead of healing it's getting worse. My face is so dry i cant hardly open my mouth to take a bite of food without feeling as though it will crack. I can't keep it moisturized enough. Doctors?

See Experience Dermatologist or Plastic Surgeon

Having IPL treatments for rejuvenating the skin is a true and tried treatment – safe, predictable and with few adverse events if done correctly. When we look at your pictures, it is hard to see there is something terribly wrong, but you are describing things that are not very common when IPLs are performed by quality people using quality IPLs.

I would make sure you are seeing a board-certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon, and make sure you are on an appropriate skin care routine during and after the IPL treatments. This is key to assuring the best possible results. You did not mention a specific skin care routine, but there are some very good cosmeceutical programs that work with the IPL to bring out the best in your skin.
Don't panic and don't give up hope; find the right provider and do things correctly.

Nashville Dermatologic Surgeon

IPL and Skin Burning

My suggestion is you go to another cosmetic dermatologist who specializes in laser treatments and skin care.  There are many options for you to get the complexion you want without any of the symptoms you are having.  But you need the appropriate skin care and further treatments to calmn your healing skin.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Concerns after IPL treatment

While there are no obvious changes in your photographs, I strongly recommend seeing a Physician who is highly experienced in IPL treatment and you understands the wide range of potential side effects of IPL on the skin to determine what your options are or if your concerns are likely to resolve without further treatment.

Brian Biesman, MD
Nashville Oculoplastic Surgeon

Your symptoms are probably not due to the IPL treatment.

Go see a dermatologist, your symptoms are probably not due to the IPL treatment that you had.  There may be something else going on.

Mark Taylor, MD
Salt Lake City Dermatologic Surgeon