Three months post operation. Asymmetrical Nostrils? Caudal septum deviation? Or crooked columella? (photos)

I had a closed rhinoplasty three months ago. As I have very thin skin, the recovery process went pretty quick. Now, a few parts of my nose is uneven and asymmetric, which is very visible. For example, 1) I noticed that the right side of the columella hangs a little bit lower than the left side. 2) two nostrils are uneven in size. 3) The caudal septum looks a little deviated. I know that the even problem could be from the swelling, however, I just want to get a second opinion. Thank you so much!

3 months post op, some advices:

Thank you very much for enquire.

Swelling after a rhinoplasty depends of the surgery complexity.
In this regard, the nasal swelling Post-op It can last from two weeks to two months.
To reduce this swelling, I recommend you perform delicates daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the face (around the nose) avoid sun exposure, and take pain/inflamation pills, as your surgeron precribe you.
Kind regards, 
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-  

Three months post operation. Asymmetrical Nostrils? Caudal septum deviation? Or crooked columella?

Although all the issues you point out are generally valid, you are still healing and still have noticeable tip edema. be patient. In my experience, it takes a good 6 months before you can assess tip outcome after rhinoplasty. 

Afshin Parhiscar, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Too soon to judge nostril asymmetry

I know that it is frustrating to not have your final results at the 3 month mark, but my guess is that you still have some swelling at the tip which is what is causing the asymmetry. The tip is always the last to heal. For now, be patient. If, at 6 months post op, you are still unhappy then speak with your surgeon. 

Kindly,

Kouros Azar

Kouros Azar, MD
Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

Asymmetry 3 Months Post Rhinoplasty

It is too early to evaluate your rhinoplasty results. Notice that your concerns are the tip area where swelling takes the longest to resolve. Please be patient.

Nostril Asymmetry

Thank you for the question and photos.  All of the potential source for the nostril asymmetry you have listed can be present.  In addition, some inherent nostril asymmetry could have been present prior to surgery as well.  I suspect you will continue to see swelling go down with time and this may lead to an improvement in your nostril asymmetry.  I would continue to follow your plastic surgeons recommendations and give it some more time.  Evaluating and/or posting before and after photos side by side would also be helpful.

Good luck with the rest of your rhinoplasty recovery.

Dr. Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD