Mid-cheek suspension or tightening?

Becauase of unilateral facial paralysis, one side of my face is just generally lower than the other. It is subtle but very noticeable to me. I have some function. I feel that I would have more resting symmetry if I could have tightening or suspension to anchor it, maybe under my cheek, at rest. Thank you for any advice.

Cheek Augmentation for Symmetry -- Fillers such as Radiesse, Voluma, Perlane; Fat; Implants; Sculptra

Without a picture, it's difficult to determine what would be best. You're going to want an expert injector.  Fat, fillers, such as Radiesse, Voluma, implants and Sculptra can all be used.  Please see a professional for an evaluation.  Best, Dr. Emer

Combination

I suspect a combination of techniques might work. Volume or tightening will create symmetry who the other side is raised by facial movement but will stand too high when the other side is relaxed. 

I would imagine a combination of value correction to the affected side and botox to even out the movement in the unaffected side might get you as close to symmetrical through a range of movement as possible 

Hope that helps. 

Adam Goodwin

Unilateral facelift suspension after partial facial paralysis

When patients have a unilateral partial facial paralysis, this is a very difficult issue to deal with on a static and dynamic basis. A thorough examination is required to make a determination about what can and cannot be accomplished. Options might include a unilateral facelift, cheek implants, and a variety of other reconstructive techniques. 

Facial paralysis

We have considerable experience facial paralysis, both partial and complete.  We would need to see some photos first and, of course, an in-office exam would be needed.  There are several options available.  Typically, slings and tendon transfers wouldn't be applicable for someone with some movement.  An asymmetric facelift is often a great option for partial paresis.  During this procedure, direct lifting of structures such as the malar (cheek) fat pad help to improve symmetry.  Best wishes.

David Alessi, MD