Is Liposuction a good choice for me?

Hi, Im 18 years old, I am 1.83 tall and I weight 115kg and I used to weight 145kg. I have a huge problem with fat around my belly and my legs. Thats the only thing that messes my image. I really do not care to loose more weight. The fat is what messes me up. If I get rid of this I would be just perfect. What do you believe? I repeat Im not looking to loose weight with Lipo.

Candidate for Liposuction?--VASER Hi Definition Liposuction / Body Contouring with Fat Grafting

I suggest a 4D HI DEFINITION contouring specialist if you want fat removal, contouring and skin tightening. An in person consult is needed to determine what is best based on your body type and skin type. VASER can sculpt and contour the body and results can be seen immediately. Please see an expert for a formal evaluation. Best, Dr. Emer

Liposuction at age 18

Thank you for asking about your liposuction.

At your heigth an weight, you are probably an excellent candidate for microcannula liposuction of your belly and legs. But an examination is essential to be sure - your goals seem eminently reasonable!

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

To Liposuction, or Not To Liposuction

Congratulations on the weight loss! Losing weight can be a difficult challenge, and it's normal to struggle with your body image after dropping the pounds. Fortunately, liposuction can help contour your body to help deliver the results you want to achieve.

Liposuction should not be used as a means to lose more weight. It's good to know this prior to opting for the procedure. There are also many liposuction methods and techniques that plastic surgeons use in order to give you optimum results.

However, to fully determine which liposuction technique is best for your cosmetic goals and needs, meeting with a board-certified plastic surgeon is the first step. During your consultation, they will go over every step of the process with you to make sure you are comfortable and prepared for your procedure.

Michael F. McGuire, MD, FACS (in memoriam)

Criteria for Liposuction

Hi! Sounds like you might be an appropriate candidate based on your information but be sure to take the next step and seek out consultation with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Here are some things to keep in mind that might help you as you move to the next level:

• Liposuction is great for changing your shape (genetic) and less so for your size (diet/exercise)
  • Liposuction will not take the place of a healthy diet and lifestyle
  • Liposuction will not take the place of exercise
  • Liposuction will permanently alter shape but size will depend on your diet and exercise!

Hope this helps!

Best Regards, KC

Is Liposuction a good choice for me?

Thanks for your question. Unfortunately without an in-person exam, or at least some pictures to examine, it can be very hard to offer you advice on this topic. If you have lost more than 60 pounds, I am suspicious that skin excess may be your problem rather than "fat." If that is the case, then liposuction may be a poor choice for you and make your problem worse. You should see a board certified plastic surgeon in your area for an examination and discussion about your options.

Tumescent liposuction for fatty thighs and abdomen

Tumescent liposuction is an excellent way to contour the thighs and abdomen and achieve a more fit appearance. Liposuction is not a weight loss tool.

The fat can be removed from your abdomen

The fat can be removed from your abdomen and you will get a significant improvement for your abdominal contour in clothes.

At your weight, your skin probably has been stretched, and will have lost significant elasticity (especially if you had children). This may lead to irregularities in contour post op and even hanging skin.

You are exactly right, you will not lose any weight with liposuction, but the removal of 2-4 pounds of fat in your abdomen will give you a significant improvement in your body image if that is the only thing that is bothering you.

Philip Lambruschi, MD
Arlington Heights Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction options

Thank you for reaching out on RealSelf! Without photos it is really difficult to say what the best options for you would be. I would suggest an in person consultation with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon to go over all of your options and that will allow you to ask plenty of questions! Best of Luck! Dr. K

Robert M. Kachenmeister, MD

Liposuction

Thank you for your question. Without photos it is difficult to determine if liposuction is a good choice for you. You should have a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area who is a member of ASAPS and ASPS. Your surgeon will examine you and review what options are best. It will depend on a lot of factors including the quality of your skin. Your surgeon will also review what to expect and set realistic expectations for your results. From your question, it sounds like liposuction may be a good option, but without an exam it is impossible to tell. Good luck.

Who should get liposuction

Wait or BMI it's not an indication if someone is a good candidate for liposuction.

Buy four more important is fat distribution and other possible contributing factors such as skin laxity or intra-abdominal fat.

You need to at a minimum and post pictures but better yet have an in person consultation.

People are generally better off reaching their ideal weight rather than having liposuction or surgical interventions.

This is generally true for aesthetics as well as overall health.

At your age you should work hard to get to your ideal weight and try to keep that weight for the rest of your life.

Mats Hagstrom M.D.

Mats Hagstrom, MD