Lip tightening?

Because of unilateral paralysis and synkinesis, my lower lip and upper lip are just stretched out. The tug of war between the two has left them stretched out. I now get botox for the synkinesis so there is less movement. But can the muscle around the mouth be tightened on either the upper or lower lip preferably from the inside with no scars?

Difficult question

Of course there are many things that can be done, maybe even non operatively to try and even out asymmetry. The key factor to consider is can we improve the situation. Often with dynamic anatomy, symmetry is relative to movement so what is asymmetric at rest can be more symmetrical during movement. this is the tough thing to deal with. Symmetry throughout a range of movement is very hard with anatomical variation. 

That is why botox works so well. it limits movement and so the symmetry only has to work in one position. 

Hope that helps

Adam Goodwin