Can a twice layered 35% TCA and Jessner Peel be used in a series on hispanic skin for acne scars?

I do not live by any doctors that perform Laser unfortunately and my scars are too shallow for tca cross but I have many shallow scared pores and boxcar scars.. with some rolling.. is this a good option? I have this modality available near where I live. At the least I'm looking for some texture improvement and would like to do at least 6... is it comparable to lasers?

NO not a good idea.

This is not a safe treatment, for the best and safest results in THIS situation, especially given your skin type, see a specialist. We combine micro needling RF, PRP, lasers, fillers and surgical techniques for the acne scar type. Directed treatments are the best.
RegardsDr Davin LimLaser dermatologistBrisbane. AUSTRLALIA 

Brisbane Dermatologist

Monheit peel for acne scars

Thank you for your question yreutishi223. Chemical peels can be great treatments for acne scars. Now that we have fractional lasers, the deeper peels are being performed less frequently. The strongest peel is a phenol peel, which provides outstanding results but has a lot of down time and should not be done on darker skin types. The next strongest is the Monheit peel, which you describe. It starts with applying Jessner solution (14% each salicylic acid, 85% lactic acid, and recorsinol) followed by one or more layers of TCA. Application of the Jessner solution first allows the TCA to penetrate deeper in the skin. Many acne scars can be improved with such a peel, but several treatments may be required. With the fractional laser technology now available, acne scars can be addressed with fewer treatments and less recovery time. If I have a patient with dark skin before doing any treatments I recommend a good skin care regimen to minimize risks of hyperpigmentation. Please consult with a doctor for specific recommendations. Good luck!

Alex Eshaghian, MD, PhD
Encino Physician

Acne Scarring -- Requires a Combination of Fractional Laser Resurfacing, Fillers Like Bellafill, Subcision and Eclipse Micropen

Acne scarring requires a combination approach. Fillers like Bellafill or Sculptra or Radiesse for broad "boxcar" or "rolling" scars. Eclipse Micropen for all types of scars and improvement in texture and tone. Lasers such as co2 laser resurfacing or Fraxel/Clear+Brilliant or radiofrequency such as Skinfinity or Viva to improve the scars and give long term collagen production. TCA peels should only be performed by an expert, there is a risk of skin damage if performed at home. I suggest consulting with a board certified dermatologist for further assessment. Best, Dr. Emer