Improve scars and to0 tight neck after facelift? Female 47 yrs. 13 wks p/o full facelift, forehead, midface, eyelid op. (photos)

I got necrosis and infection around one ear. I have received two injektion of steroids by 3 weeks apart without improvement. Hard to turn my head, skin feels like a rubber band soon to burst. The scars can not hide under makeup. I went to a prestigious clinic and paid expensive price to assure me the right skills. I am heartbroken by my surgeon's lack of interest. I am a business owner with people to lead and this has negative results for myself private and company. I am depressed over this.

Complications after face lift

You went through a lot in the last three months! Based on your latest photos you are on the recovery track. Your scars are in the worst phase 3-4 months after injury (surgery). Scars will continue to soften, fade and improve in the coming months; that process will take 12-18 months in your age group. Once scars are matured you should start thinking of scar revision or facelift revision if needed. Be patient and try to consult an experienced board certified plastic surgeon with good reputation in facial rejuvenation for a second opinion. Do not panic, you will look muck better. Good luck.

Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon

Facelift scars

I can certainly appreciate why you would be distraught with this post operative course. This is certainly much more than anyone would expect from a facelift. It certainly may take quite a bit longer than expected to get the scars to settle down. In fact a revision procedure may be needed. Having said that the body can sometime heal better than expected especially when aided by things like steroid injections and/or laser resurfacing. In this type of situation it is more important than ever to follow closely with your doctor. Best of luck. 

Ravi Dahiya, MD
Washington Facial Plastic Surgeon

Facelift complications

Face lift complications such as yours are quite rare. Certain maneuvers in the first few days after the surgery, such as hyperbaric oxygen treatment, proper antibiotic, proper wound card, etc. would be quite helpful.  At this point your surgeon might try injections of Kenalog with 5 FU, vascular laser, silicone gel, etc. in order to get your scars to subside.  Revision surgery might not be possible for at least a year.  Best wishes.

Boris M. Ackerman, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Unacceptable facelift result.

This is an unacceptable facelift result. Unfortunately you will have to let all of these wounds heal and the inflammation to subside. A revision will be necessary.