I was told at my consultation that I can return to work 3 days after BBL as long as I use the cushion they provide.

Will that harm the fat that has been transferred to my bottom, although I won't be sitting on it? to where my bottom doesn't touch the seat while sitting. Basically I'll be sitting on my thighs.

Sitting on your thighs!

It's true. If you're genuinely not sitting on your buttocks, the fat won't be affected. It's up to you whether you feel like going back to work at 3 days but the isue of sitting won't keep you out of work longer than 3 days. 

it will not harm the fat if using a bloppy pillow. For best results it is better not to sit for long hours, and walking at least 10min walks every 30min-hour.

Please follow up with your surgeon.

Best of luck!!

Return to work following a BBL

Returning to work after three days is certainly possible, but I'll suggest that it's a little on the ambitious side and I wouldn't promise one of my own patients that they would feel up to working a full day so soon after their procedure. Using a specialized pillow to protect the grafted areas is certainly a good idea if you do return to the office that soon. Best of luck

Owen Reid, MD
Richmond Plastic Surgeon

In general, avoiding any pressure on your buttocks the first 2 weeks after surgery is recommended. Then, sitting with a special BBL pillow for short periods is possible. Follow your surgeon's post op instructions.

Ron Hazani, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills General Surgeon