I want to get a TCA Jessners %35 peel, what can I expect on hispanic skin?

I have some mild rolling and boxcar/icepick scars on my cheeks. This will be my first step to see if I will get improvement in texture. I do not care for the downtime hence why I'm wanting to schedule one. I am also thinking of subsicion and filler and after if that doesn't help maybe fat and subsicion.

Thanks for your query. Yes you can go in for TCA 35% peel, but I would advise you to go for TCA cross as it will act deeply on your scars and will uplift it with lesser pigmentation problems or side effects. You can combine it with subcision and fillers for better results. You might need more than one sitting for TCA cross. So you can go in for Subcision first followed by fillers and tca cross. Hope it helps.

All The Best

India Plastic Surgeon

There options for texture improvements and scars in all types of ethnic skin.

See a derm surgeon who does all types of ethnic skin since there are so many options to improve your skin texture and appearance. Most need a few different treatments though.

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Not a good idea for these scars and skin type.

Box car and ice pick scars should not be treated with this method. See video below for the best METHOD for scar revision. Scars should be individually targeted. In CA Dr Jason Emer or Dr Phillip Young are probably the best guys for this job. All the best, Dr Davin Lim. Brisbane. Australia. 

Davin Lim, MBBS, FACD
Brisbane Dermatologist

Acne Scar Treatment -- Lasers (Fraxel, Co2, Erbium), Microneedling/PRP, Subcision, Surgical Revision

Ice pick scarring and boxcar rarely do well with peels, they need TCA cross or surgery combined with lasers or microneedling RF. I suggest you see an expert in scar treatments.  Best, Dr. Emer.