I want a labiaplasty but also notice what looks like a growth coming out of the vagina. What do you recommend I need? (photos)

I've never had children and go to the OBGYN annually. No one has ever mentioned anything about this growth coming out of my vagina but I would like it gone if possible.

Labiaplasty can include removal of tags

as you demonstrate.  Your results are achievable.  In my practice, removal of the tag would not cost you anymore than the fee for the labiaplasty alone as it is a very simple procedure.  Check around for fees as they vary widely and if you don't mind traveling to Redding, you may be surprised at how affordable this is for you.

Labiaplasty w/ growth out of vagina

Hi Conycca, I agree, the growth coming out of the vagina is a hymenal remnant, i.e. just a skin tag that can be very easily removed with little or no risk at the time of labiaplasty. I do think that you would be an excellent candidate for labiaplasty if this area bothers you and specifically utilizing a linear contouring method. This would reduce the labia very much like is seen in the post-op picture you have sent. The contouring would also remove the darkened edges of the labia, which in one of the largest labiaplasty studies ever published, my partner and i found that the majority of women undergoing labiaplasty would like the darkened edges removed, which can't be done with a wedge technique. 

Of course the most important thing that you can do is consult with an expert in cosmetic vaginal surgery. Board Certification is important, however it does not tell you anything about the expertise or training specifically in cosmetic vaginal surgery. Please make sure they have extensive experience, show you many, many before and after pictures and have an excellent reputation in the region in this field. Labiaplasty is definitely a procedure that is very easy to travel for to find the expertise you deserve for the procedure, so please keep this in mind as well. 

Sincerely, 

Dr Robert D Moore

Cosmetic Vaginal Surgeon

Atlanta - Beverly Hills - Dubai

Robert D. Moore, DO
Atlanta Urogynecologist

Labiaplasty and Hymenal Tag

Thank you for submitting your photo and question. The photo clearly shows labia minora which would benefit from labiaplasty surgery. The growth you mention is a remnant of the hymenal ring ( a hymenal tag). This is a very common finding on gynecologic exam. Usually nothing needs to be done  but they can easily be removed if the patient desires. Occasionally the tags can interfere with intercourse. Please make sure you find a cosmetic surgeon with experience in labiaplasty before you proceed with your surgery. Good luck!

Labiaplasty and simultaneous hymenal skin tag removal

Dear Conycca:

Thanks for sharing and yes I agree with Dr Pelosi and Dr Castillo you have protruding labia minora and hymenal skin tags protruding from the internal aspect of the vagina.  The hymen tags can be removed with little  potential problem.  Now I noticed you have another photo, a third photo, which I believe is what you hope to look post operatively?    You will not be able to achieve this look with a labia minora reduction and hymenal remnant removal alone.  You would also need a revision of your clitoral hood (small revision)  as well as a convergence of the labia majora posteriorly and this portion can be accomplished by performing a perineoplasty.  

Make sure you express your postoperative expectation and cosmetic desires to your potential surgeon clearly, failure to explain your anticipated results will certainly lead to an undesirable cosmetic outcome.

John R Miklos  MD

Atlanta ~ Beverly Hills ~ Dubai

Labiaplasty with hymenal tag removal would suit you best

You have a hymenal tag. It's normal - that's why no gynecologist would mention it. Nonetheless, if you want it removed it can be done during your labiaplasty. It takes almost no time and shouldn't affect price or recovery.

I want a labiaplasty but also notice what looks like a growth coming out of the vagina. What do you recommend I need?

Thank you for sharing your question and photograph.  Some women may have, or develop, enlarged or asymmetrical labia that can make exercise, sexual intercourse, or wearing certain types of clothing difficult. In these instances, a labiaplasty allows for a reduction in the size of the labia, while also making a more symmetrical pairing.  Your appearance is common for women who elect to pursue surgery.  The growths that you see coming out of your vagina are remnants of your hymenal ring and can be removed during your labiaplasty procedure.  Hope this helps.

Labiaplasty

This is just what remains of your hymen.  it can be removed during your labiaplasty.  Please be sure to seek out the opinion of a board certified plastic surgeon  who specializes in Labiaplasty procedures. 

Hymenal remnant removal at time of labiaplasty

This "growth" you are seeing is hymenal remnant. This can easily be removed at the time of labiaplasty surgery. 

Find the right surgeon

There is a trend to have less prominent labia, but this is a matter of choice and there are no medical reasons to do so other than improving your appearance down there. Candidates for a Labiaplasty procedure are women who are concerned about the appearance of their labia or experience discomfort due to exceptionally large or long labia of either the inner our outer lips. Labia unevenness can result in discomfort with intimate contact, chronic rubbing, as well as psychological discomfort, which leads to the inability to wear certain types of tight clothing. Most women live with these symptoms, and actually are not even aware that a certain surgical procedure exists to help to correct this problem and restore their femininity.

What's this "growth" coming out of the bottom of my vaginal opening..?!

A skilled and experienced genital plastic/cosmetic surgeon should be able to reasonably accomplish results close to your "wish pic." The "thingy..." coming out of your vagina is a prolapsed hymenal tag (not abnormal...) and can be removed successfully at the time of your LP surgery.

Michael P Goodman, MD

Davis, CA, USA