I had my chin injected with permanent liquid silicone, can Cortisone Kenalog injection help reshape? (photos)

Hi I had my chin injected with permanent liquid silicone about 3 years ago and don't like how it looks when I smile, my chin looks sharp....Can cortisone kenalog injection help reshape or perhaps melt down the silicone a little bit? I went to see a doctor in Beverly hill and he told me that he would inject cortisone to shave it down a little bit, but is it really gonna work?

Does cortisone kenalog injection helps?

Regards, Dr Carlos Alberto Ríos regrets that you have been victim of the terrible practice of biopolymers.

For your information, in 1898 Dr. Robert Gersuny, Austrian surgeon, injected paraffin into the scrotum of a patient who was orquiectomizado (testicles removed). Here began the history of the injection of external substances to give volume to the face and body. This practice became very popular and now, there are whole chapters in plastic surgery books that explain how to try to correct and rebuild the serious effects of the application of paraffin. 

About your case, when there is fibrous response around the substance injected it can help, but it doesn´t help directly to remove the substance. You can use one, maximum two times, and then you cannot use more.

Please remember to be aware, do not let any permanenrt filler to be injected into your face, breast, buttocks, calfs, genitalia, etc. The safest way to increase buttocks is through your own fat injections or through silicone implants.

I hope the information was usefull, have a nice day! Dr Carlos Ríos.

Colombia Plastic Surgeon

Silicone complications: Santa Monica plastic surgeon

We have experience with silicone complications. I would suggest IIT Kenalog to reduce the inflammation around the silicone. It will not dissolve the silicone itself. 

Dr. Karamanoukian

Los Angeles

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Chin/Cheek Augmentation -- Fillers such as Radiesse, Voluma, Perlane; Fat; Implants; Sculptra

I suggest a formal consultation you may need surgery to improve this. If there is inflammation 5fu/steroids may help.  Best, Dr. Emer.