I had blepharplasty done 7 months ago. Eyes are puffy & right eye is puffer with a worm shaped quarter of a inch hard mass?

Hard mass is moveable and in the eye bag area not near incision. Doctor is now offering me therma smooth treatments to help...skin is sagging but he says it's my skin texture and that he took enough skin. I am worried about the hard mass under right eye and I believe it's causing that eye to be more puffy. I am more self conscience now of my eyes than I was before the surgery, Right eye is noticeably more puffy. Doctor initially said something about the mass being some type of nodule????

Problem after upper blepharoplasty

There is no substitute for in person examination with a specialist. In this case, need to see an oculoplastic specialist for evaluation. See following link too.

Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

Concerns after lower lid blepharoplasty

can be distressing due to the visibility of the 'problem'.  Trust your surgeon to do the best for you and if you are not making progress or things are worsening and your surgeon is not adjusting the game plan to address that, get a second opinion.  Hard masses are very rare... soft fullness can certainly happen from retained fat.  An exam is really needed to provide any objective information.

Curtis Wong, MD

Post Op Swelling

Hi brenna18,Thanks for you question and I am sorry to hear you're struggling with some post-op issues. In some patients, swelling can take up to a year to resolve after a lower lid blepharoplasty. However, a firm, nodular mass isn't normal. Depending on if you had fat transposition as part of the procedure, this can rarely form what's called a lipogranuloma. If you are sufficiently concerned, I would not hesitate to seek a second opinion with a skilled oculoplastic surgeon in your area. Without a photo, unfortunately, I cannot comment much more on your predicament. I hope this helps. Good luck!

How about a photograph so we understand what you are talking about.

I would not rush into a new procedure to make up for an unsatisfactory eyelid surgery.  The lump probably needs to be removed.  You need a second opinion not a skin tightening procedure.