Hyalurondaise after restylane; does waiting too long before dissolving under eyes cause permanent damage?

I had restylane in my tear trough and under eyes. It did not work out well with my eyes and looks swollen, have ridges and dark lines under each eye. It will be 6 weeks-2 months before I have the chance to dissolve it. I am scared I am producing scar tissue around the filler or that the skin is being stretched or the ridges will be evident after the filler is dissolved. Will waiting cause permanent damage to my under eyes?

Hyalurondaise after restylane; does waiting too long before dissolving under eyes cause permanent damage

Thank you for submitting your question.  Waiting to inject the reversal agent (hyaluronidase) will not cause any permanent damage or laxity of skin. Best wishes

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Hyaluronidase after Restylane

One of the nice features of a hyaluronic acid based product is that it can be dissolved with few side effects with hyaluronidase. Hyaluronidase can be used safely several months after injection of the product.

Todd C. Miller, MD
Newport Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Hyaluronidase after Restylane

Todd C. Miller, MD
Newport Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Wait Time for Hyalurondaise after restylane

Waiting a period of time prior to dissolving restylane with hyaluronidase will not lead to scar tissue or damage. The tear trough is a tricky area to inject, and should only be done by an experienced and expert physician injector.

Hyaluronidase Injections after Restylane

Restylane is a great product for facial injections around the mouth, lips, nasolabial area, under eyes, and chin.  However if the product is placed incorrectly or overfilled in a certain area then it can be dissolved easily with Hyaluronidase injections.  Waiting a period of time before the product is dissolved does not cause scar tissue or damage.  For the best cosmetic results please consult a board certified dermatologist with a great deal of experience with tear trough injections.

Hyaluronidase Injections

you can get hyaluronidase injections anytime without any consequence after your injections.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Hyaluronidase Injections

It is very safe to dissolve Restylane with Hyaluronidaise

One of the best safety features of hyaluronic acid fillers is the fact that, in the unlikely event you are unhappy with the treatment, it can be safely and easily completely dissolved with Hyaluronidase.  The treatment can be done anytime after the initial treatment, so waiting a few weeks or even months is very unlikely to cause a problem.

Marc Cohen, MD
Philadelphia Oculoplastic Surgeon

Marc Cohen, MD
Philadelphia Oculoplastic Surgeon

Waiting too long won't cause permanent damage.

Thank you for your question. Waiting too long won't cause permanent damage. That being said, trauma to the area during injection can cause adverse effects.