Fraxal Repair scarring. Will this go away over time?

Hi, had Fraxal :repair done on my face August 7th 2015. My forehead has laser lines still and looks like scaring (white raised thicker skin) on cheek area will this go away over time.

Thank you for your question. You should follow up with the office that performed your treatment. If they are unable to help you then you may want to consider consulting with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon for corrective treatment options.

Go see your doctor

I would recommend going to see your doctor for a follow up visit and express your concerns to them being they are the ones who set the level of the laser for your particular skin.

Elliot M. Heller, MD

Fraxel Repair and Scarring

Fraxel Repair usually heals rather quickly.  If you are concerned that you see "white lines" I would return to your treating physician for examination and treatment.  I would continue to avoid the sun during this healing period as well.

Fraxel Scarring on Face

Please see your physician or a laser expert. This needs to be evaluated in person.  The skin takes 6weeks to 3 months to heal after this treatment and if you are noticing changes this early then other lasers (pulsed dye) and other treatments to prevent scarring or discoloration need to be initiated soon --- including lightening creams, vitamin A, vitamin C, and growth factors.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Fraxel re:pair track marks

This should go away over time. If the problem was related to the laser making too large a hole in the skin because it was not used properly (angled, not perpendicular) then sometimes these can be seen long term. They can usually be fixed using the Fraxel 1550. You must wait a few months to see if things will get better.

Steven F. Weiner, MD