What can be done to fix dent in my upper lip? (photos)

10 years ago I had a sports accident and lost part of my upper lip. A surgeon was able to pull the two sides together to close the large divot and later removed a bean sized ball of scar tissue. Now I have a noticeable line across my lip when I smile. Is this something a filler could fix?

Doctor Answers 1

Lip Augmentation with Fillers or Lip Implant or Fat -- Go Slow, Use Cannulas

I suggest consulting with a facial sculpting expert for an in person evaluation. Fillers can be used to augment the lip and improve scarring.  Lasers or surgery may help.  Best, Dr. Emer

Los Angeles Dermatologic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 191 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.