Effect of Stopping applying Minoxidil on Transplanted hair.

I have recently had FIT hair transplant on my head and I'd like to use Minoxidil to save and regrowth of the native hair on the area. But I have watched some videos on YouTube about how significant the hair-loss was after stopping using Minoxidil. Now here is my question, if I use Minoxidil for a while like 2 years or so, and for any reason I stop using it and want to just rely on transplanted hair, does this might cause the transplanted hair to be lost or there will be no impact on it? Regards

Always check with your surgeon if you want to use or stop a specific treatment (such as rogaine). It will not affect

Always check with your surgeon if you want to use or stop a specific treatment (such as Rogaine).  It should not affect transplanted hair if you stop using Rogaine.

Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Minoxidil on hair transplants

There is no benefit of minoxidil to transplanted hair. I studied this on dozens of patients where I put minoxidil on one side and not the other. There was no different in the final growth or the time these grafts started to grow.

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Transplanted Hair

Should not be affected by minoxidil and the use of it can help maintain native hairs so it is not a bad idea. 

Rashid M. Rashid, PhD, MD
Houston Dermatologist