Delayed healing after DIEP. Is this normal? What is causing this?

I had a mast. + DIEP flap 4 months ago b/c I am BRCA 2+ . I have fluid draining in 2 places on my ab. incision. The worse of the two is a location that had a drain for 3.5 weeks after my surgery. It has opened up a couple of times since. This week, the Dr. opened it up because it was red. I don't think it was infected but it is draining a lot. I am 47, do not smoke or have any condition that would cause poor healing. Is this normal? What is causing this? Thank you for any advice you can share!

Drainage after DIEP

It's not common to have drainage 4 months after a DIEP.  It sounds like you might have a serum.  I would recommend you see your plastic surgeon to be evaluated.