What is the best way to get my over crowded teeth perfect? (photos)

I am 28 year old female. I have never had any wisdom teeth removed, my teeth have always been like this, although I think they may gradually be getting worse in terms of appearance. I want to know the best way to get a perfect smile without traditional braces. I was told I would need to have 2 teeth removed (top and bottom - I believe the "biscupid" teeth) and then have invisalign for 2-3 years. Is there a better way to get a perfect smile quicker? Is it really necessary to have teeth removed?

Invisalign with Accelerated Technique

It is quite possible to treat you with Invisalign by expanding your arches and possibly performing some interproximal reduction which is typical for conventional braces as well as Invisalign. I have treated cases like yours which are even more crowded and gotten successful results using Invisalign. I was able to achieve those results in much less time than what you are indicating. I don't think it would take two to three years to do your case as I have done similar cases in about 14 to 16 months. If you want to speed things up more you could actually use techniques of accelerated Orthodontics to help your case progress faster if your dentist or orthodontist is trained in these. I just saw a patient today who I'm performing Accelerated Invisalign on, and it's progressing great and twice as fast as a noemal invisalign case. 

Douglas Jopling,  DDS
Dallas,  Texas area

Crowded Teeth

To get your questions answered completely, you should see an experienced Invisalign provider.
To give you some input from your photos, your lower set of teeth is crowded, but manageable. We
do not see as much of your upper set of teeth in the photos. You have what we call a cross-bite on
 the left side involving the upper lateral incisor and the lower cuspid. That must be corrected.
Since you have not had your wisdom teeth removed, it is likely they have erupted into your mouth.
They are not teeth you actually chew on, and they are a long way back and hard to keep clean. The
wisdom teeth are the ones to have out.
Invisalign should be able to correct the teeth alignment from there. It should not take 3 years, but could take up to 2 years. Some of the timing issue is really controlled by the patient - if you wear your aligners full time and show up for you appointments, the whole process goes faster.
Another option would be to see an experienced cosmetic dentist. He or she can give you an idea as to what it would take " to get a perfect smile quicker ". Porcelain veneers could be an option on the top and bottom teeth.
You would need to do 8 to 10 veneers on the top and the same number on the lower set of teeth. Porcelain veneers work well for the patients that want their smile done immediately! 

Charles Briscoe, DDS
La Jolla Dentist

Traditional braces is often the best option

While other methods CAN be considered, sometimes the older methods are the better methods.  I would consider a non extraction approach first, expand the arches to create the room.  Save extractions as a last resort.

Braces of any kind is an investment of both money and TIME.  There is no way around it.

Severe crowding

Hi, missesperry!

Thanks for your question and pictures! From the photos it does look like you have severe crowding on your lower teeth (7+ mm of crowding). I can't tell on the top but your upper left canine is also blocked out meaning you have at least moderate upper crowding. To top it off you have a pretty significant crossbite on the left side starting with the second tooth on the middle and I think it goes all the way to the back.

What does that mean? You need to see an orthodontic specialist to develop a thorough treatment plan to help get that **BOOM** smile of your dreams. Trust your orthodontist's expertise and understand that moving teeth through bone simply takes time. It's a journey, but you'll be so happy at the end. Congrats and good luck!

Lyle Schofield, DDS, MS
Irving Orthodontist