Am I able to correct tuberous breast without implants? What would be the negatives of fat grafting to breasts? (Photo)

Hello. I'm 19 and I've always noticed that my breast were different . In high school I did not care because I was so into sports and thought I was a late bloomer. However, I now realize I may have some TBD. I really want to my breast to look better but I was hoping I don't have to go through the implant process .... maybe fat grafting? Just wanted to know what would be the best process for effective results and what would be the negatives of fat grafting ? Thankyou!

Negatives Of Fat Transfer To Tuberous Breasts

1. Fat transfer is unpredictable. 30-50 percent of fat may not survive fat transfer process. Breasts implants are more predictable. 
  2. Your breast shape will stay the same as it is now with fat transfer, just slightly bigger. Implants will round out and improve your breast shape. 
  3. Regardless of which procedure - implants versus fat transfer - you need some type of breast lift to improve symmetry, improve ptosis/sagging and to improve the position of the nipple-areola complex on your breasts. The bands constricting your breast tissue also need to be released. 
  4. An inperson examine by a plastic surgeon will give you the best and most personalized evaluation. 
  5. Best of luck!!

Sacramento Physician

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
  5. Best of luck!!

Natural breast augmentation with fat grafting

I appreciate your question

I perform a natural breast augmentation with fat. This can be removed from any unwanted areas including the breast itself as part of my lipo-lift procedure. I perform the fat grafting in multiple planes including under the muscle to give the best, most natural enhancement. Fat grafting is a great solution for someone who wants to bring their breast size up a cup or so and use natural tissue vs an implant. However, it can also be combined with an implant or used as a secondary procedure to fill in areas that are flat or thin. It should not affect nipple sensation, mammograms or breast feeding. It can be a little lump or hard at first but tends to soften over time.

I have done this for tuberous breast correction but will also need to perform a lift at the same time

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.  Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic breast plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

I appreciate your question

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

FAT GRAFTINGTUBEROUS BREASTS

Reshaping the breasts and improving symmtry is possible with fat grafting.   If large amounts of augmentation is sought after implants are a more reliable option.  The breast in younger patients may br quite fibrous and therefor difficult to inject with fat.

Please consult in person with an experienced Board Certified Plastic Surgeon prior to making treatment decisions.

Luis A. Cenedese, MD, FACS

FAT GRAFTINGTUBEROUS BREASTS

Luis A. Cenedese, MD, FACS

Fat grafting to breasts or implants

Thank you for your photos. Like most women, you have visible assymetry between the breasts. Fat grafting is a more recent tool used by surgeons to increase volume in the breasts, however the amount of fat that remains is unpredictable and it is harder to control or create a shape with fat grafting alone. You would also need to have enough fat somewhere on your body that will allow you to have enough fat after purification to be grafted into your breasts. Breast implants would seem to be a better option for you because of the control the surgeon has over the shape, size, and final symmetry of your breasts. Fat grafting can always be done later to enhance your augmentation even further as well.  It is best to have an in-office examination to determine the optimal treatment plan for you after precise measurements of your breast and chest anatomy are performed. Hope this helps!

Johnson C. Lee, MD Plastic Surgery

Fat grafting to breasts or implants

Johnson C. Lee, MD Plastic Surgery

Tuberous breasts

can be made fuller with fat grafting and there are few downsides to fat grafting except it only increases the size of the breasts you have.  Your base will be unchanged as will your areola size.  Implants help expand the breast but can leave you with double bubbles.  Invest in a consultation and find out from your surgeon just what you can achieve.

Tuberous breasts

Tuberous breast - negatives of fat grafting to breasts?

Thank you for your questions.

In you situation, I would not recommend fat grafting. Fat grafting works to provide more volume but may not give you the result you are looking for. You have breast asymmetry and  breast ptosis as part of the tuberous breast condition. 

I think you would obtain the best result by a mastopexy, assuming you do not want your breast made larger. 

Thank you for your questions.

Tubular breast deformity

TBD is caused by narrowing of the breast base. To improve it

the common aproach is to score the underside of the breast base

to release the tissue. A breast implant helps by pushing against

the breast tissue for further widening. In addition your left breast seems 

smaller than the right one and implants may help balance the size.

Finally a breast lift technique may be incorporated with all of the above

for nipple position correction. Fat may not be your best choice.

Discuss your concerns with a board certified plastic surgeon with

experience in this issues. See link below.

Best Wishes.

Tubular breast deformity

Best Wishes.