Which size implant would help me achieve a full C? I am currently 32A (Photo)

How much CC's should i go to be a full C? I am currently 32A. I was going with 345cc silicone under the muscle. Not sure if that is too small. I am 5'3 and about 114 pounds. Thanks for the advice!! Already had a consultation, but didnt ask all the questions i should have and will ask on my second consultation.

Best Breast Implants for ME?

Thank you for the question and picture. Based on your photograph, I think that you are starting at a good place and should have a very nice outcome with breast augmentation surgery. There is no accurate/reliable/predictable correlation between size/profile breast implant utilized and cup size achieved.

Ultimately, careful communication of your goals (in my practice I prefer the use of goal pictures, direct examination/communication in front of a full-length mirror, in bra sizers, and computer imaging) as well as careful measurements (dimensional planning) will be critical.

Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering breast augmentation surgery ( regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully. Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you are looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.
2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals.
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. For example,
I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or "full C cup” etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup size may also be inaccurate. Again, the use of computer imaging has been very helpful during the communication process, in our practice.
3. Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly, allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals. Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery, after the use of temporary intraoperative sizers.

I hope this (and the attached link, dedicated to breast augmentation surgery concerns) helps. Best wishes.

Implant Selection to

Breast Implant Size is a combination of subjective and objective criteria. 345 cc seems to be a little small to meet your desires, but you will need to have an in person consultation. There is not a direct correlation between the cc's of a breast implant and the corresponding cup size, as cup size is an inexact measurement that varies considerably among companies and even within the same company. Online consultants will not be able to guide you as well as surgeons who perform in person consultation.

The size of the implants are based on a combination of a patient's goals and objectives and her anatomy. In order to provide a natural looking augmentation, the surgeon needs to evaluate many factors including soft tissue coverage, skin laxity, chest wall width, breast imprint width, the shape of the breasts and relative level of constriction to ensure that the breast implants are appropriate for your body.

Consult in person with 3 experienced and expert board certified plastic surgeons to understand your options.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Is 345 cc Enough to Make Me a Full C?

Based on your photos, it might be a bit small, but you should try on sizers, do some computer imaging and get your base width measured to see what objectively fits your breast. Then taking that into account you should be comfortable with your size selection. In our practice we do sizing with Dr. Tebbetts High Five system to get an objective baseline for the implant volume, try on gel sizers, and explain different implant types that could give more volume for a given breast width if desired.  We also do Crisalix 3-D virtual reality imaging so you can see yourself with the various sizes in virtual reality space.

Robert M. Lowen, MD
Mountain View Plastic Surgeon

Size Recommendations

It is difficult to say without an assessment and without your full measurements. At your second consultation, your Board Certified Plastic Surgeon will be able to provide you with their recommendation. 

All the best. 

Which size implant would help me achieve a full C? I am currently 32A.

From your photo and description, I think a 345 cc implant would be appropriate to achieve your goal of a C cup.  Ask your surgeon if you could try the implants on in a bra.  This should help you determine what size (and weight) implant would be appropriate for you.  Best wishes, Dr. Lepore.

Vincent D. Lepore, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation with 345s

Breast augmentation involves placement of implants to improve breast proportion; 345 seems like a reasonable option for you. Please examples of breast augmentation and take advantage of our special implant giveaway.

Arian Mowlavi, MD

If you desire a specific cup size

you would be asked to bring that bra in to your sizing and we would use external sizers to help fill it and use that information to choose your implants.  More commonly, I am more interested in what look you like and sizers are used in unlined bras and you get to see what you will look like.  And decisions on size are made with this information.  Invariably, the outcome is always larger than the cup size my patient initially had mentioned as her goal.  But in the end, she is happy with her look that she achieved with the implants selected.

Curtis Wong, MD

Breast Augmentation

It sounds like that will give you the desired outcome but it is hard to accurately comment on sizing without seeing you in person and taking your chest measurements.  Best of Luck

Which size implant would help me achieve a full C?

A C cup, or any cup, is not a size, it is a proportion and varies from one woman to the next. Determining an implant size for a specific patient to get her to her proportional goal takes an examination.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Breast sizing pitfalls

Hi and thanks for posting your question on Real Self!

Discussing breast augmentation in terms of cup sizing can be dangerous. I typically only use this information to get and idea of how big a difference my patient wishes to achieve in their breast size. All bra manufacturers are different and sizing of bras is certainly not standard-so sizing to achieve a very specific bra size is not the ideal way to frame breast augmentation surgery recommendations. The variables that are important to choosing implants lie within a surgeons examination of your anatomy and your skin to make ideal recommendations for a proportional breast augmentation in most cases. 

Please seek a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon to be assessed and have unique recommendations made for your particular anatomy. 

Best wishes

Rachel Streu, MD