One breast healing slow and rippling on the other one. (photos)

19days post BA I got 345cc under the muscle, my right breast is taking longer to heal.. feel softer but still tighter.. my left one is so ok I feel like it is mine all ready,but I have some ripped on the side.. my ps say I have to wait 6 months to final result.but this my keep going on what can I do?

Are my breasts healing Okay

Congratulations on your recent surgery! You are early in healing stages to get a final result at this point.  Your breasts are two different surgical pockets that will heal at two different rates.  Give your body some time to heal.  Just know that even with some time there may still be visible rippling in some areas. Best of Luck !

Rippling

Even under the muscle some rippling is possible in the lower side part of the breast and more likely if you are thin as in this area the pect muscle is not present and not covering the implant

Breast Augmentation/Breast Implants/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision

I appreciate your question.

Right now, you are very early on in the post op recovery period. It will take 3-6 months for you to feel comfortable having implants in your body and for them to settle. This time allows for you to physically and psychologically adapt to your new body image. There are many variables that contribute to a breast augmentation's final result. Preop size and shape, IMF location, location of the implants and type of implant. Patients heal at different rates and each breast will sometimes heal at a different rate. Rest, relax, recover and heal. Please Express your concerns to your surgeon so he/she can examine you at this time. Then reassess final result at 6 months.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

Breast augmentation healing

Thank you for the question and photos.  I do see the implant asymmetry that you have pointed out.  Time alone may be the only thing that is needed.  Your plastic surgeon may also recommend some massage of the higher breast.  If the asymmetry persists, the pocket can be opened further with a revision surgery.  This type of revision surgery is fairly straightforward.

Good luck with the rest of your tummy tuck journey.

Dr Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD

One breast healing slow and rippling on the other one.

Dear Cakeway

The first 6 weeks after a primary breast augmentation are filled with changes. The rate of change is often different between the left and right breast. For now follow your surgeons instructions and be patient.

Afshin Parhiscar, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Different rates of healing after BA

It is too early in your postop course to see final results. The breasts should soften and equalize more over time. Be sure to follow up with your surgeon so they can assess your progress and guide you through your recovery.

You will do well

I know it is hard to be patient at times but what you are experiencing is typical.  It takes time for the implants to settle and to soften.  You most certainly remind us that we have to be more sensitive to your situation.  We do this everyday and know you will do fine.

Best Wishes,

Nana Mizuguchi, MD

Nana N. Mizuguchi, MD, FACS

Slower healing and rippling

Thank you for your question and photos.

I humbly request you not to be discouraged. Large number of women experience differences in their breasts few days to few weeks after surgery and feel awful. After waiting for a few months, they finally get the results they were hoping for. It is too early for you to be concerned.

Implants initially sit high up because the chest muscles and surrounding breast tissues have not become accustomed to the implant resulting in tightness. You have to allow gravity to take effect, and overtime, natural tissue expansion will allow the implants to fall into place causing your breasts to appear more natural, softer, and rounder. Once that happens, the implant will sit directly behind the breast tissue in a natural 45:55 breast ratio, and the nipples will move up higher.

Please note that it is not uncommon for breasts to heal and adapt to implants at different rates. In fact, the process I described above can occur quicker in one breast over another.

You may have to wait 3-6 months for the final results. If the breasts still appear different at that point in time, then you may share your concerns with your surgeon and they should be able to fix the problem.

With persistent inward and downward breast massaging, along with pole wraps, the breasts drop.

Patience is key!

With regards to the rippling in the left breast, you should be made aware that rippling worsens with time as the implant puts pressure on the breast tissue and thins the tissue to create deformities in the ribs causing them to hold a different position in the chest.

Although I cannot see the rippling in the photos, you can minimize it by having a smooth surfaced, silicone implant under the muscle. If you have implants that are larger than your breast boundaries, then one must have it changed for moderate sized implants so that breasts can better conceal the implant. Other practical solution is to have your own fat transferred to your breast to supplement the soft-tissue for additional support and volume to the area where the implant is visible.

Please continue to have regular follow-ups with your surgeon to make sure your breasts are healing beautifully. Their recovery instructions should take precedence over all else you read here as they are better informed about your surgical details.

Hope this helps.

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Rippling?

Be patient.  Its way too early to assess.  It is not at all unusual for one side to be slower in responding than the other.  Be patient.  Hang in there and let the implants for that they need to.  Hope this helps. Good luck.