Will my right breast still drop? Feeling hopeless. (photos)

I had BA almost 1 1/2 year ago. One of my breast never dropped. Had revision 3 weeks ago and in my opinion, it still looks the same. My surgeon seems to be in denial praising self for his "awesome job". I'm not sure if I had the wrong expectation thinking it would be fixed immediately after surgery. Will it still drop? Also, the last three days has become more sore/painful. Not sure if it's the healing process or if a sign of a problem. Please help me. Thank you kindly!

Breast implant revision - will it improve

Thank you for asking about your breast implant revision.

I am sorry you have this problem -
Chances are the implant will settle in place -
Give it another three months.
AND ask your surgeon if you can go braless - gravity usually helps get the implant to settle.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Best wishes - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Please wait for now

You are at early stages of healing and the final result will be different. The other issue is that your left breast is bottoming out and makes the right breast look too high. Please wait for now and reevaluate after 3 months.

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Will my right breast still drop?

Thank you for your question.  Based on your photos, the right breast does appear lower compared to your preop photo.  Although it may not be at the same exact level as the left breast at this time, please allow at least 3 months for healing and the implant to settle down into its final position.  At that point, you'll have a better idea about your surgical result.  Good luck.

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS

Will my right breast still drop after revision breast surgery?

Although I understand your concerns, given your past experience, it is too early to evaluate the outcome of the revisionary surgery. There is certainly more time for the breast implant to "settle". Care must be taken during this type of revisionary breast surgery to avoid over dissection and "bottoming out" of the breast implant that was sitting higher on your chest wall. My best advice: continued patience and continued follow-up with your plastic surgeon for instructions (such as the use of massage and/or pressure garments).   Best wishes outcome that you will be pleased with longer-term.

Left side appears bottomed out

From your photographs, it does appear to me, that the right breast implant was too high having never dropped into the bottom of the pocket. The left implant, however appears to be bottomed out as it has migrated to low. While it may take several weeks to a month or so for the right implant that has been released to stabilize in its new position, it's my opinion, that the left crease needs to be raised in order to match the right. It is prudent to separate these into two operations such that the left one can be moved up to match were the right one will end up after a few months. Good luck.

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS

Lowering an implant

There is a substantial difference in your photos in the before and after revision series.  The implant certainly appears to be lower than it was, but still higher than the other side.  Its still too early to know if the revised breast will stretch the lower pole and match the other side or if it will still be higher.  One factor to consider is the shape of your breasts before implants.  If the right side was higher before any surgery it may be a bit higher even after this procedure.  Regardless, it will take about 3 months to see the lower pole shape and the implant positon of the revised breast implant.

Samuel Beran, MD

Your revision helped

but I would save 'awesome job' for only if you end up being near level on your upper poles.  In my practice, if you had smooth round implants, my patient would be told to put a leisure or sport bra on and to pull the band over the top of the higher side to help it settle more to your liking.  Ask your surgeon for advice on helping you achieve your goal!  Yours is a tricky situation as it the right side sometimes can end up being lower than the left side... hope that doesn't happen.

Curtis Wong, MD

Revision Breast Augmentation

Hello,You had capsular contracture, and the treatment should involve a total capsulectomy and placement of a new implant, preferably performed through an inframammary incision to minimize recurrence.  Aside from the periareolar access, it cannot be determined what was or wasn't performed. Revision breast augmentation is complex and more difficult than primary breast augmentation, and best performed by ABPS certified/ASAPS member surgeons that specialize in revision breast surgery. Based on your photographs, it would be unlikely that you achieve symmetry in any time in the future, regardless of implant massage, which has not been shown to have any effect on implant position or scar quality. Best of luck!

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS