What's the best breast augmentation options for very saggy breast from weight gain/loss? (Photo)

I want to get a breast lift and implants but am so confused on what I should get ..... Silicone or saline... High or moderate......... I never knew there were so many options. I did hear since I have such loose skin and lots of breast tissue I shouldn't worry about saline feeling fake..... I am scared of silicone rupturing and not knowing. What specs are important because my breast elasticity seems gone so I want to make sure I get the best options so I won't end up with saggy breast

How do you define 'best'?

There are many ways to lift and augment a breast.  Techniques vary by what your expectations are and how 'good' your tissue is.  Invest the time and see several surgeons and make up your list of questions so you don't forget them.  My personal preference when they are really saggy is to give up the saggy tissue and use a larger implant... but you are not in that 'super saggy' category.

Breast surgery

Thank you for the questions and stop worrying.  At complimentary consultations with experts in your area you should become fully informed what is the best operation for you and what implant size and shape will give you the best result.  So see some experts in your area and become informed.
Dr. Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD

Breast augmentation and lift after weight loss

Rather than overthink this yourself, you need a good examination by a board-certified plastic surgeon to help you understand what your options are. Also, there are different expectations depending on what you choose to do. Decisions about implant shape and dimensions are certainly less important than other issues surrounding this somewhat complicated operation.

Ira H. Rex lll, MD
Fall River Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation and breast lift combinations #plasticsurgery

Combining a breast lift and augmentation procedure is often the best way to create an ideal breast aesthetic. 

What's the best breast augmentation options for very saggy breast from weight gain/loss

I think a breast implant with a lift is a good option for you. No matter what type of implant you choose, saline or silicone, in time the natural breast tissue will sag once again.

Julio Garcia, MD

Aesthetic Breast Options

There is a great deal of information you need to know before making a decision on how to move forward with your planned procedure. Reaching out on this portal is a good start. The internet is a wealth of information but can also be a wealth of misinformation. I would suggest you start by visiting the website of the American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons to find a board certified plastic surgeon and schedule a consultation.The next thing I would do is try to envision your ideal result and find images that resemble that goal. This will help your surgeon understand what you are trying to achieve. A lift alone or a lift with an implant. If you like the idea of an implant than what projection do you like. Silicone and saline devices have advantages and disadvantages which your surgeon will go over with you.The measurements of the breasts will dictate what type of lift you need and what size implant you can accommodate. Silicone implants are now more cohesive and fear of rupture is less of a concern but saline is always an option if you understand the trades you are making. I have attached some general information on the current implant options available to you.Once you have this information the decision will be more clear.Good luck and I hope this was helpful.

Robert W. Kessler, MD, FACS
Corona Del Mar Plastic Surgeon

What's the best breast augmentation options for very saggy breast from weight gain/loss?

Thank you for the question. It appears that you would do well with a breast lift with implants.Both saline and silicone implants are safe. Their differences in the implants and pros and cons to each. Your surgeon will discuss this with you.I wouldn't worry about the details of selecting an implant. Your surgeon will go through this in detail. They will take careful measurements, examine your tissues, and ask about the "look" that you would like. Taking all of these factors into account, you will then choose an implant that fits your body and achieve your goals.Consultations with board-certified plastic surgeons will be the most helpful at this point. I would consider several consultations.

Breast lift with breast implants. Which type?

Thank you for your photos and very good question.  Both saline and cohesive silicone gel implants are quite safe and each offers certain benefits when compared to the other.  My preference and recommendation to most patients is the use of cohesive silicone gel implants due to their greater durability and more natural feel.  I have seen saline implants deflate and the first several years which is disappointing if it happens to you.
Be prepared to describe and show photographs of your desired goal to your ABPS board-certified plastic surgeon during your consultation and allow your surgeon to select the actual implant during the surgical procedure.  At that time he/she can see the actual results with different size implants and make the best selection for you.  Again, my recommendation for my patients is toward the use of cohesive silicone gel round smooth implants and I usually use either mid profile or mid-plus profile implants.  We each have preferences based on experience so at each consultation you will hear what your doctor would recommend would be best for you.
Good luck with your procedure and enjoy the results.
Jon A Perlman M.D., FACS
Diplomate, American Board of Plastic Surgery
Member, American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS)
Beverly Hills, California

Jon A. Perlman, MD

What is my best option?

You have some very important questions that many patients wonder about. The field of breast enhancement has gotten very complicated and confusing especially when you rely on the internet for information. The simple answer is that the single best thing for you to do is find a well respected and experienced Plastic Surgeon and discuss these issues in detail. Many of these "technological breakthroughs and advancements" have minimal impact on the  result you achieve. Every option of implant or technique has its advantages and compromises. Each Plastic Surgeon uses their artistic vision and surgical skill to achieve the best possible result. However, every person is unique and, while providing pictures to your surgeon may help them see what are thinking, it may not be possible to achieve that result. The person in the picture may be anatomically so different from you, or worse, the picture has been digitally enhanced (all published pictures). Best of luck. You are not alone in your confusion and concerns. Your first step is to research the Plastic Surgeons in your area and ask a lot of questions to them directly.

You should choose between silicone or saline....both are safe. But the specific size and profile implant should be picked by your surgeon who hopefully has had years of experience doing this. The surgeon will need to see photos of the look you prefer on postop photos.  If your surgeon requires you to pick the specific implant, you would do much better picking a new surgeon. 

Ronald V. DeMars, MD