BBL and Tummy Tuck at the same time?

If you get both BBL and tummy tuck done at the same time, how does that work if you are supposed to lie on your stomach to eliminate pressure on the buttocks? Will that affect the tummy tuck incision or is this normal to do? How do you not sit for 6 weeks? Is it best to tough it out and not sit or should you sit on an inflatable donut?

BBL & Tummy Tuck (TT) Combined

Hello and Great Question.  I appreciate the time you are spending researching this procedure.  My name is Dr. Matthew J. Nykiel.  I am a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon, a Fellowship Trained Cosmetic Surgeon, and a Butt Augmentation Specialist. I perform TT & BBL at the same time a lot in my practice.  The most important issues is that I am able to complete both the TT & BBL in a safe period of time.  This means that if you have an extremely large Tummy then I will not be able to do it at the same time.  Positioning is initially done laying on your back and sides.  After 1 week, you are able to sit on a butt off-loading device (i.e. booty buddy or fold pillow under thighs) Best of Luck!  Please reach out if you have any further questions or concerns. Matthew J. Nykiel, MD #TopREALSELFDoctor #CoreREALSELFDoctor Butt Augmentation Specialist Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

BBl and TT

Thank you for submitting your question. Typically you are better off doing the BBL at the same time of your TT surgery. This means only one recovery, BBL recovery is about 1-2 weeks so sleeping on your side for that amount of time should be manageable.To reduce swelling, a compression garment will be worn for approximately 4 weeks after TT surgery. To help promote blood circulation, you will be encouraged to get out of bed and take short walks. Most patients find they are able to return to work and driving in 2 weeks and exercise in 6 weeks. 
You can always discuss with your physician what to expect during the recovery process for a BBL and TT. I have many patients that chose to do both at one time.
Hope this helps,Dr. Newall

German Newall, MD

Combined procedures and recovery

You post an important and common question.
It's possible to do these past combined procedures.
TheIt's possible to do these past combined procedures.

The recovery is brutal and way beyond what most people anticipated.

Patients do much better having these done as two separate procedures.

It may seem tempting to want everything done at the same time.

Anabdominoplasty is one of the most invasive operations you can have.
There's noabdominoplasty is one of the most invasive operations you can have.

There's no way anyone can lay on her stomach after this procedure.

Therefore you will compromise the Brazilian up to some degree.

The question is how much impact will that have.

My practice is devoted exclusively to body contouring using various forms of liposuction and fat transfer.
For the majority of patients I recommend doing the Brazilian first.

There are multiple advantageous for doing the procedures in two stages.
Other then the limitations with sitting at a Brazilian is fairly easy to recover from.

We help guide the patients through the process. The doughnut is not the best way to go because this will put pressure on the treated areas.

We have specialty designed foam block pillows that only put pressure on the back of the thighs.
We  allow patients to sit just a few days after the procedure though patients should plan a limiting the amount of sitting for the first few weeks.

I believe after three weeks sitting on the treated area will not have any impact on long-term results.

Each plastic surgeon will have their own ways of doing things. Often the treatment plan is designed for each individual patient based on their needs, body shape and specific surgical goals.

Find the right plastic surgeon and have him or her help you through the process.

I think these questions are far too complex for patients to figure out on their own by doing Internet research.

Mats Hagstrom M.D.

Mats Hagstrom, MD

Brazilian Butt Lift/ Fat grafting/Liposuction/ High Definition Procedures/Butt Implants

I appreciate your question. You will be sleeping on your side for the first few weeks.  I would recommend that you discuss this question with your surgeon as every surgeon has their own respective post op protocol for his/her patients.  Your surgeon is your best resource as he/she is most familiar with your medical history and how will be healing following surgery. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon

Combined TT and BBL

Basically you will be sleeping on your side for a few weeks after a combined TT and BBL. Watch this brief video for more information.Best wishes,Dr.Bruno

William Bruno, MD