Asian, thin, damaged skin: is my skin permanently damaged/discolored from TCA 30%? (Photos)

My face was applied with TCA 30%, it wasn't neutralized 'cause I was told that TCA neutralizes on its own. However, after about 3 minutes, it was washed off with a gentle cleanser. Turned brown immediately. Petroleum jelly was applied right after. The next morning, it was reapplied. Please do see my pictures. These were taken after the TCA was applied 2-3 days ago. Take a look mostly at my chin, it feels smooth unlike the other areas that seem kind of rough. My cheeks feel a little bit rough.

TCA is self neutralising... see video

What were you trying to achieve with a 30 % TCA on Asian skin type? Peel technique all wrong. You have patches and the whole face is not even. No buffering, I hope you saw a Specialist. 

Regardless, our job is to help you not comment on the procedure. Video shows how to do things safely at a percentage that I personally think is SAFE for therapist and non- Specialists. 

OK, now you need to see a specialist for gentle QSL - YAG- Pico lasers, SPF max, and HQ creams .This will take 4-6 months to settle down. Thats the good news, at least there is no permanent  scars. 

Stay safe

Dr Davin Lim
Laser and aesthetic dermatologist
Brisbane, Australia. 

Brisbane Dermatologist

Post Inflammatory Hyperpigmentation -- Skin Lightening, Light Peels, microsecond YAG

I suggest you see an expert , a combination approach is typically needed for improvement. Best, Dr. emer