45 year old. Significant weight loss since original procedure in 2008. No upper pole, bottom heavy (Photo)

I am 6ft,180 lbs at the time of original surgery with 450cc silicone MP2008. 3 years later, I went bigger had a R&R went to a 600 cc HP Both via areolar incision and DP. It's been 7 years since last procedure,and my breasts have dropped significantly. I am left with no upper pole I now weigh 160lbs. I have very thin tissues. Is there a procedure that would allow my breasts to look fuller again or should I just leave them as is,because nothing out there will make a significant difference anyway

Revision breast implants after weight loss

Thank you for asking about your breast implant revision.

• The answer truly depends on how much you are bothered by your look now.
  • You have lost a little weight so the skin will be thinner.
  • You have big implants, so the weight will pull the tissues down.
  • You could have a vertical lift with placement of mesh or ADM to lift and support the implants (the 'internal brassiere" and perhaps use slightly smaller implants.
  • This should give you a tighter breast and a higher implant.
  • However you already look very good - and with revision breast surgery, one can end up spending a lot of money to look a little better - so having surgery truly depends on how important it is to improve your look from good to better.

Always consult a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.  Best wishes. Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

5 year old. Significant weight loss since original procedure in 2008. No upper pole, bottom heavy links

Thanks for your question and photographs.  My suggestion would be to either leave well enough alone or consider reduction in size of your implant as well as the overlying skin in the form of a mastopexy.  This takes into account the expectation of future thinning and stretching of your lower breast due to the weight of your large implant.  You probably would be best served by a face-to-face consultation with an ABPS board-certified plastic surgeon to discuss the details of the options open to you.  Best wishes,

Jon A Perlman M.D., FACS
Diplomate, American Board of Plastic Surgery
Member, American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS)
ABC-TV Extreme Makeover Surgeon
Beverly Hills, California

Jon A. Perlman, MD

No upper pole, bottom heavy

Your breast aesthetics are fine with a very natural look. But if you are not pleased you can consider inferolateral capsulorrhaphy to move the implants up and in. However with your thin tissues and such a heavy implant I would strongly suggest you couple that procedure with an ADM sling. That should do the trick for you. 

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Adding Upper Pole

Thank you for the photos.  Although your most recent photos look great, I can understand your concern.  You certainly don't need a lift.  Some adjustments in the type of implant may help get you the results you desire. There are so many different options of implants that are available to us now that weren't available several years ago.

It would be best to visit with a board certified plastic surgeon that has experience in breast revision surgery.

Hope that helps.

Farbod Esmailian, MD

Result

Thank you for the photos and the question and quite frankly you still have an excellent result and though further surgery could elevate your implants via a pocket revision it is probably not worth chasing.

Dr. Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD

Revision Breast Augmentation

I don't think weight loss played a role in the change of your breast shape, but instead time and the size of the implant made most, if not all of those changes happen. This is quite normal, and your current breast appearance would be grade very good by most surgeons and patients. If you are looking for a 'reboot' however, I would have your consider a form stable, anatomically shaped, textured device that will give you long lasting results and a shape that you will love. This implant would be placed back into the pocket that has been reinforce with multiple sutures to give an internal 'tightening' to lift the implant up higher on the chest wall (capsulorrhaphy). Go visit a few ABPS certified/ASAPS member surgeons that specialize in revision breast surgery and are expert in these new breast implants. Best of luck!

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS