4 week after Breast Augmentation, right boob not dropping. Any suggestions? (photo)

I'm 4 weeks pos BA 345cc smooth silicon HP under the muscle.. my right boob is not dropping feel softer.. but is tight and still swollen and not dropping.. it's possible that package is too small sometimes I feel like is misplace too, feel like is going to the armpit and more swollen on that side.. the left one is just getting better and better.. but I'm so worry on this right breast.. ps say I need to wait.. any advices of what to do.. thanks in advance for your taking your time to answer.

Dropping of breast implants

4 weeks after surgery is still very early in the maturation process and much too early to assess the results. Your posted photos do not show anything alarming. A physical examination of the breast will provide additional information. A visit to your surgeon would be appropriate to ease your concerns. Your surgeon may also provide you with options to hasten the settling of the implant such as the use of an elastic compression band or stretching exercises for the muscles. 

Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

4 week after Breast Augmentation, right boob not dropping. Any suggestions?

I see that the breast on one side is higher with more fullness above the nipple areola.  See her plastic surgeon and ask if a Bando and breast implant displacement exercises and pectoralis muscle contractions might help.

When implants don't settle the same

my patients are told to massage downwards on your higher side and depending on what you think about your lower side, either to use a strap and asymmetric bra where the band of the bra at the bottom of the cup is pulled over the top of the higher side you one side is being supported and the other side being pushed down at the same time.  This will work only with smooth implants like those you said you have.  And you can ask your surgeon for advice as well but I'm more proactive and I would not sit on such asymmetry without some kind of intervention.

Curtis Wong, MD

Right breast implant not dropping

Thanks for your question. Based on your picture, I would tell you to be patient. Give it another 6 to 8 weeks. In the meantime you can wear an ace wrap type band on the upper aspect of your breasts.  This will not only help get rid of the swelling in that upper pole region but it will also help push down your implant. Please voice your concerns with your surgeon and ask for their recommendations. Good luck. 

Mehdi K. Mazaheri, MD

Implant not dropping

Thank you for your question.  Allow 3 months after surgery to pass for swelling to subside and implants to settle down into their position.  At that point in time, you'll have a better idea about your results.  Be sure to discuss your concerns and options with your surgeon. Good luck.

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS

Drop & Fluff

The process of dropping and softening can take 2-6 months. You are still early in this timeline. You should start to see improvement on that side within the next couple of months. I recommend that you continue to follow up with your Plastic Surgeon.

All the best

Implant displacement exercises

It takes 3 months for the swelling in the breast to subside and 6 months for the implants to settle into the pocket. Implant displacement exercises can be performed to facilitate the descent of the implants. You should contact your surgeon first to make sure that he or she is ok with performing these exercises, as every surgeon's protocol is a bit different.

Dr. Ravi Somayazula

Ravi Somayazula, DO
Sugar Land Plastic Surgeon

The change is immediate. The should expect the skin to soften and the implant to settle at about three months after surgery.  breast exercises are helpful in allowing the implant to settle into a more supple envelope. I think about 3 months of breast exercises are sufficient. The only contraindication to breast exercises is when textured anatomical implants are used.  

Best of luck

Breast augmentation

It is important to address any post-operative concerns with your plastic surgeon.  You are still early on in your recovery. Swelling after a breast augmentation occurs with 100% of patients, eventually the swelling will go down and your breasts will drop into their pockets, sometimes you heal quicker in one breast than the other and one implant can even drop sooner than the other one.  If one implant is still sitting too high, the use of a breast binder and a foam wedge is beneficial to add downward pressure to that breast. I would continue to perform your breast massages. Your doctor may also prescribe you a Medrol dose pack (steroid) to help with the swelling. I hope this helps.
Best of luck in your recovery!

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Breast Implant and Dropping

Thank you for the photos.  At this point given how early you are in the process, I would be patient and continue to follow your surgeons recommendation.  It generally takes about 4-6 months before the implants have settled and are at their final result.  I generally have my patients massage during this period, which I feel helps the implants settle and drop.

Good luck.

Farbod Esmailian, MD