3 months after closed rhinoplasty, nasal bridge looks significantly *fatter* , nose tip is not a ball, but squarish with a tip

Is this a problem with scar tissue or was it just a bad job? I've read that the nasal skin takes awhile to shrink wrap, but the nose bridge appears wider than in the first week weeks of operation at the bridge. So much a surgeon who saw me 3 months later thought I had revisional rhinoplasty because of the "obvious swelling" he said. However, from the side, the swelling has gone down significantly, but the problem is the bridge looks "fat" and large and not slim like before.

You will frequently have a wider bridge secondary to swelling. Alternatively, if a hump is taken down and osteotomies are not performed to narrow the nose after it has been filed down you can have a wide bridge. In either case, the approach is similar in that you really need to wait the full year to determine the final shape of the nose. You may end up with the nose you desire after the swelling is gone. Alternatively, if you do need a minor alteration your surgeon would need to alter the fully healed nose, not an intermediately healed one, in order to be the most precise. So be patient and hang in there. You will likely be happy with your result once the swelling is gone :)

San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

3 months post op, some advices:

Thank you very much for enquire.

Swelling after a rhinoplasty depends of the surgery complexity. In this regard, the nasal swelling Post-op It can last from two weeks to two months. To reduce this swelling, I recommend you perform delicates daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the face (around the nose) avoid sun exposure, and take pain/inflamation pills, as your surgeron precribe you. Kind regards,  Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-  

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD