Need Advice on Reversing Juvederm Nightmare?

Instead of injecting juvderm in he nasolabial fold, for some reason she loaded it next to it making my face puffy and my eye circles prominent. I would like to reverse it (don't want to go back to her) by injecting hyaluronidase but I hear that it removes the natural hyaluronic acid in the face. I just need enough to remove my puffiness. So need referral to Dr that is good with fillers and in injecting hyaluronidase. I live in Bay Area CA - anybody from walnut creek, Berkeley, Oakland

Doctor Answers 4

Need Advice on Reversing Juvederm Nightmare?

Injecting hyaluronidase will dissolve the Juvederm that was injected and not affect your natural hyaluronic acid. Seek a reputable certified physician who can correct this issue for you.



Hyaluronidase is the best answer

For what you are describing, it would seem that Hyaluronidase is the best answer and will give you the best chance of seeing optimal final results. It's important that you visit an experienced injector, as this greatly improves the outcome.

Babak Azizzadeh, MD
Beverly Hills Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.3 out of 5 stars 9 reviews

Reversing Juvederm by injecting hyaluronidase

Removing the excess Juvederm is straightforward with injections of hyaluronidase.  It will not remove the natural hyaluronic acid, and the bulk of the hyaluronic acid will be dissolved almost instantly.  

Donald B. Yoo, MD
Beverly Hills Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 50 reviews

Advice on removing Juvederm

If you don't like your filler you can have it removed with hyaluronidase easily. It doesn't remove natural collagen when it's done correctly. You may need a few rounds of hyaluronidase though, so be prepared for that. When other doctors remove fillers done by a different, unknown injector, we tend to be very cautious because we aren't always sure the exact amount put in any one place. So you may need a few rounds of hyaluronidase and you should be prepared for that. You can look on the RealSelf website for physicians close to you who do hyaluronidase. 

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.