Bent nose while playing football. Got hit by elbow. No fracture in x ray. (photo)

I have a bent nose condition while playing football since i got hit by elbow by another player. Incident happened today. I consulted a doctor, and got no fractures in x ray. But the nose is still tilted to one side. Is it advisable to apply ice by pushing the nose to other side... so it may regain its position....?? Or there is any other way..??

Bent nose while playing football. Got hit by elbow. No fracture in x ray.

How the Rhinoplasty operation is performed?

There are different kinds of rhinoplasty operations however we can divide them as the one that requires bone excision and the one that does not need bone excision. The main fact that we classify the rhinoplasty operations like that is that the results and postoperative period is associated closely with this fact. In the operations like “nasal tip correction”, “simple rhinoplasty” there is no need for a bone excision however these minor operations cannot be beneficial for everyone. The operation type is need to be determined by the surgeon according to needs of the patient. In these minor operations the rhinoplasty is performed with closed method. The bone and the cartilage tissues are not involved in the surgery directly. Small nasal bumps can be removed in these operations.

In the operation that needs the bone and cartilage tissues to be involved; open approach is used. In the procedures with open approach, the size, shape and functionality of the nose can be improved. The big nasal bumps can be removed and septal deviations can be corrected providing a better nasal airway.

Why should I get a Rhinoplasty operation?

If you are unhappy with the look of your nose, you think that you would be much happier after a rhinoplasty operation; if you had an accident and the shape of your nose got worsened after this accident; then you can be a good candidate for rhinoplasty operation. It is a well-known fact that individuals with feeling themselves beautiful have higher self-esteem. Therefore; if the look or functionality of your nose bothers you, you can get benefit from a rhinoplasty operation.

Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Closed reduction

Typically a closed reduction is attempted at this time, where the nose is manipulated to get it back to midline by a surgeon.  If the septum is fractured and is causing the deviation, this may not correct it.   In the end may need a formal rhinoplasty to correct.