is this normal swelling or too much filler? (photos)

Got filler done yesterday. I bled a bit as I forgot and took an aspirin before. My top mouth is very swollen and hard is this normal and looks a bit lopsided :(

Bad swelling VS. too much filler in Lip

The prime question is why were you not asked before the filler injection if you took aspirin or aspirin-like agents? And if you were asked, why would they inject you anyway? The lip has a lot of blood vessels which when punctured cause swelling and bruising. Some fillers are associated with more swelling than others and a lot of the swelling can be reduced with non-bleeding associated anti inflammatory agents. Which should be started before. Finally, how much filler was placed? Sometimes less is more. If needed, more can always be added a few weeks later. For now, I would stay in touch with your physician and get his input. 
Dr. Peter A. AldeaMemphis, TN

Lip Swelling/Bumps After Fillers Such as Juvederm or Restylane -- Reverse With Hyaluronidase

Swelling and bruising is common after lip augmentation with fillers, some experience more swelling than others. I suggest allowing 10-14 days to see optimal results. If you are unhappy after this time, you can have this reversed with hyaluronidase. Best, Dr. Emer

Likely swelling

This is most likely to be swelling and bruising, especially if you took aspirin beforehand. Some patients swell much more than others particularly the upper lip. Use as much ice as possible and give it two weeks for the swelling to completely resolve. At that point any adjustments can be done.

Caitriona Ryan, MD, FAAD
Dallas Dermatologic Surgeon

Abnormal swelling

Your question has limited information but I would say that your swelling is more than usual and probably not from the filler but from a reaction to it. In your situation I sometimes prescribe Prednisone. Even without this, It will likely subside within a few days but I would urge you to see a board-certified dermatologist to have it analyzed. If a board-certified dermatologist was your injector this will be an easy thing for you to do. If your injector was not connected with a medical office you'll probably need to contact a Dermatologist.Good luck with this. Dr. Adriene Stewart MD nF AAD

Adrienne E. Stewart, MD
Denver Dermatologic Surgeon

Normal Swelling

If you are only one day post getting filler, then chances are that it is just swelling. It can take up to two weeks for all of the swelling to go down and to know what your final result will look like. For now, just be patient.

Lawrence Bundrick, MD
Huntsville Plastic Surgeon

Overfill vs. swelling

Unfortunately at 1 day after your procedure, it is very hard to say if you have overfill or just significant swelling.  Some people really do swell quite a bit after lip filler, and your aspirin didn't help.  I would ice it as much as possible, and sometimes even an antihistamine like Benadryl can help the swelling settle a little faster.  However, I would definitely give it 2 full weeks to settle and then have your injector re-assess and adjust if necessary after that point.  Good luck!

Jasmine Mohadjer, MD
Tampa Oculoplastic Surgeon

Lip filler swelling and bruising

This is possible after lip filler with aspirin in the system. Elevate you head during sleep and use arnica. A vascular laser can help the bruising. Unevenness and lumps should subside within 10 days. Discuss with your doctor if concerned. 

Steven F. Weiner, MD