I'm wondering what if any facial surgeries I should get to help feminize my face? (Photo)

I'm 20 years old and 6 months into my transition. I'm quite self conscious about my face. Particularly my nose, chin/jawline, and forehead. I would like to hear honest feedback on if you would change anyour features to make me look more passable.

Facial feminization surgery

Thank you for the question and photos. As you others have said, you are at a great starting point, you look feminine, good skin, very youthful. Having more photos and more views will give us a little more information but with the current photos I think you need finesse-type procedures to look even better. The brows and forehead are key areas and if brow is too forward, we can bring it back, lower the hairline slightly and give your brows a little feminine arch. A small nose is feminine and therefore, shortening it would be helpful. Your jaw is not too square or masculine but can be refined slightly and contoured. Obviously a consultation is needed for a closer look and more detailed discussion. Good luck.

Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Good insight into problem areas

You skin looks great, and that can be the hardest thing to improve when it's not. A prominent brow bone is a very masculinizing facial feature.  Profile photos would be helpful, but most patients need to have their forehead bone set back and reattached to get the best result while maintaining bone thickness.  At the same time as this procedure I typically lower and round the hairline to make it more feminine (though yours is tough to assess in these pics). Adding volume to your cheeks helps to balance the brow and is also feminizing.  Your jaw is also wide and your chin is slightly taller than the average woman's.  Both your jaw and chin could be contoured at the same with a mandibuloplasty.  Yes, your nose is slightly large as well, and a rhinoplasty could help it look more feminine and attractive.  Remember, though, there are women with large noses.  A surgeon who performs a lot of facial feminization surgery can help to show you the features of your face that lead to misgendering, and exactly how they can be changed.  Good luck on your journey. Bryan Rolfes, MD

Bryan Rolfes, MD
Minneapolis Otolaryngologist

MTF facial surgery

Looking nice already.  But here are some suggestions.  Hairline advancement to reduce the length of your forehead and the slide receding hairline appearance.  While this is done a small amount of burring of the bone just at the brow level will make the upper part of your face more delicate.  Burring of the chin to make it narrower and less square will help in the lower part of your face.  As and aside, doing a little fat grafting on you hand will decrease the bony appearance, make the hands look more feminine and perhaps a little bit smaller.

Adam Bryce Weinfeld, MD