Can I use Vitamin C Cream after chemical peel?

I had a PCA Sensi Peel four days ago and noticed darker/pigmented areas around my mouth and chin. Can I use a vitamin C cream to help get rid of the darker areas?

Lightening correcting cream for hyperpigmentation

Thank you for your question. I would recommend using a skin brightening/lightening correcting cream along with your Vitamin C, such as ZO Medical Brightenex or ZO Melamin and Melamix. These products will take care of the hyperpigmentation around your mouth and chin. Hope this helps!

Vitamin C

Yes, you can use Vitamin C cream on those areas to help lighten the pigmentation. I would recommend you follow up with a dermatologist to evaluate the area. It sounds like you may have post-inflammatory hyper pigmentation from the peel. There are prescription creams that an be prescribed by your dermatologist to help speed up the fading of these areas. 

Lenore Sikorski, MD
Orange County Dermatologist