What is this inside my vaginal opening? Is this something to be concerned about? Please help! (Photos)

I have just noticed this because it have become extremely painful. I am not sure how long it has been like this, but I know it has not been like this forever because I check myself because I like to know my own body. I am in such extreme pain when walking and sitting, I'm quite nervous and embarrassed. Please help!

Hymen remnants

What you are showing in the photograph as already eluded to by others is "hymenal caruncle"....the left over parts of a broken hymen. They can be easily removed if causing you an irritation.

Hymenal Remnants

Thank you for sharing. What you are seeing are hymenal remnants. These do not cause pain unless they are getting irritated during sex. If that is the case, you can get them easily removed. You may want to be evaluated by your gynecologist in case there is something else that is causing you extreme pain. And because you are having extreme pain when you are simply sitting and walking. 
Dr. Jennifer Hayes, DO, FACOOG
Cosmetic Vaginal Surgeon

Hymenal caruncle

These are hymenal remnants.  IT is extremely unusual that hymenal caruncles or remnants will cause pain unless they are manipulated during intercourse or they are hanging out and are irritated with rubbing.  If this is the situation then the best treatment is surgical excision.

John R Miklos MD

Atlanta ~ Beverly Hills ~ Dubai

What is this inside my vaginal opening? Is this something to be concerned about? Please help!

Thank you for sharing your question and photographs and I am sorry to hear of your pain issues.  These small masses are remnants of your hymenal ring after it broke.  If they cause you concern or irritation they can be removed with a small office procedure, but they are otherwise nothing to be concerned about.  Hope this helps.

YOu have hymenal tags

Hymenal tags are what's left after your hymen breaks. If they are irritated, they can be removed in the office quickly.

Hymenal remnants

Don't be alarmed, these are actually quite common and usually offer no symptoms of pain or discomfort.  However, if they are now starting to cause you pain or discomfort from a functional or aesthetic point then you can easily have them removed under local anesthesia without much downtime or pain.

Best of luck.

Painful hymenal tags

Thanks for posting your question with photos. It is difficult to tell for sure from a photo but they appear like hymenal tags or remnants. I have never known for them to be painful except during sex, and this is even rare. I suggest you see your gynecologist for an evaluation.

Oscar A. Aguirre, MD
Aguirre Specialty Care - Pelvic Surgery & Intimate Aesthetics®

Oscar A. Aguirre, MD
Denver Urogynecologist

Hymenal "remnants..."

...Little tags/protrusions from your hymenal ring. Pay them no mind. They are "normal." If they significantly bother you or become inflamed with lovemaking, see a Cosmetic Gynecologist or  your personal Gyn who can remove them in the office.

Michael P Goodman, MD

Davis, Ca, USA