Would a V Beam treatment work for this? Male diagnosed with Melasma by two Dermatologists, would like a third opinion.

Been to two dermatology clinics for opinions on red patches below my eyes on the side of my face.I spent a lot of years in the sun & used hydroquinione cream to treat this area for sun spots a while back.Both Derms diagnosed Melasma, & re-iterated how red this area is. Derm #2 said it should be treatable with a V Beam laser to knock out the redness.Still hesitant as I'm concerned this could make it worse,but made an appointment in a weeks time with the option to cancel if I'm still not sure.

Could work

Melasma can certainly have a vascular component which can improve with the VBeam. I suggest he proves that with a 2/3D scan with colirometry. That way he can measure an objective reduction too.

London Dermatologist

Melasma, pigmentation, and Redness

The V-beam laser is a great laser for redness but will not treat the melasma. The pigmentation from melasma can be treated with Clear and Brilliant, PRP, Cosmelan, chemical peels and bleaching cream regimen. Cosmelan is an amazing peeling procedure for stubborn melasma.  Please consult an expert. Best, Dr. Green

Options for Still Unsure

There is no "cure" for melasma but there are great treatments. We are using clear + brilliant laser with bleaching, peels, microneedling/PRP and getting amazing results. I suggest you see an expert. You will need lifelong treatment, sun protection, skin care. But these treatments can give you improvement and then you help you maintain. Best , Dr. Emer.