Split open incision 6 weeks post op augmentation with mastopexy. Any suggestions?

I don't want to publicly post pics they r bad. I'm worried. I had tear re sewn 9 days ago on Friday and it re split open this Friday.

Greetings

Thank you for your question, the best is to contact your surgeon for a follow up control  as soon as possible as it could cause infection. 

Turkey Plastic Surgeon

See your surgeon

Make an appointment to see your surgeon. It is always best to err on the side of caution and silly to cause yourself anxiety over something without knowing all of the facts. Best, Dr. Nazarian

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

Split open incision

You should be seeing your surgeon immediately instead of worrying and posting.  Be sure to discuss with your own surgeon about how this applies to you, and whether they have any special concerns in your case.

Split open incision

Thank you for the question.  It would be hard to make any suggestions without any photos.  It's best to contact your surgeon and have him or her assess your current situation and take steps to rectify your concern.  Doctors have different methods in ways to handle post operation treatment. Best of luck. Dr. Michael Omidi

An in-person exam with a board-certified plastic surgeon is the best way to assess your needs and provide true medical advice.

Michael M. Omidi, MD, FACS

Open incision after augmentation and lift

Sorry to hear that you have wound dehiscence.
Once an incision opens up, there are inflammation and swelling around the area.  Re-suturing the inflamed area does not hold up well.  Without seeing your in-person (or photos), I don't know how extensive the opening is.  However, local wound care should heal the incision in couple weeks. 
Please follow up with your plastic surgeon closely.
Best regards.

Breast Augmentation

Hi & thank you for your question.
The best advice I can give you is to contact your surgeon for an examination. Treatment options can be discussed at that time. Best to keep you surgeon informed with any changes or concerns. Best of luck.

Incision open

Without photos it is hard to offer specific advice other than to be sure to follow closely with your surgeon. It is not uncommon to have some wound separation after breast lift, most commonly along the vertical incision near the breast fold. Usually these are treated conservatively with local wound care and not with surgery, but each case is different. 

All the best. 

I appreciate your question.

Since there has been a change in your post op course, please contact your surgeon so he/she can examine you and recommend most appropriate treatment plan at this time.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

Wound disruption after breast augmentation and mastopexy.

Minor wound healing issues are fairly common after mastopexy. Those requiring re-suturing are very unusual however. With an implant in place proper management of the wound is absolutely critical to prevent contamination of the prosthesis.

Wound healing problems following augmentation-mastopexies

It is not unusual to get some wound edge separation at the junction of the incision around the areola and the vertical incision or at the junction of the vertical incision and the one along the crease under the breasts.  These type of wound healing problems will eventually heal with time and conservative wound management measures.  Then a scar revision can be discussed, if needed, 3-6 months down the road.  The key right now is to get the wounds healed which may take weeks or sometimes months.  Follow-up with your surgeon regularly so they can keep track of your progress and intervene as needed.

Todd C. Case, MD
Tucson Plastic Surgeon