Non surgical permanent procedures to remove the excess fat under my chin where it meets my neck? (photo)

I want a more defined chin line/jaw line

Neck contour

I'll be honest, you don't have much fat there based on your picture.  You appear to be young with good skin tone and a nice neck line.  If there is some small amount of fat there, the absolute easiest thing for you to get would Kybella.  This will dissolve what little fat you may have, and because your skin quality is good, your skin will "shrink down" on its own.  You don't have enough fat or need anything crazy to achieve your result.  Also, I'd recommend only doing 1 vial of Kybella for your first treatment.  You don't have enough to warrant two vials.

Houston Physician

Permanent Fat Removal Submental Area

Nicoledye  Thank you for your question and pictures.  An in office consultation is necessary to  determine your best course of action.  There are multiple methods to permanently improve the submental area.  These include:
  1. Precision Lift ( aka Lazerlift) this utilizes cynosure's Smartlipo technology to melt fat and tighten skin
  2. Liposuction
  3. Kybella ( injectable for fat reduction)
  4. Sculpsure  (non invasive laser fat melting)
  5. Coolsculpting ( freezing  the fat)
  6. Multiple radiofrequency procedures ( Venus, Exilis)
My favorite is a combination of the first two.  In a minimally invasive 30 minute procedure the fat can be permanently removed and the skin tightened.   Best of Luck Dr B

Mark Berkowitz, MD
Sterling Heights Oculoplastic Surgeon

Recommend Kybella

In all fairness, the two photos I saw shows a minimum of fat under your chin, but, I understand it bothers you.  Probably the "easiest" treatment would be Kybella which is injected and melts the fat.  No surgery but be aware that it does have some downtime with swelling, redness, and being sore/irritated.  Liposuction and laser liposuction will work but are "surgical" procedures.  Another alternative is to do Ultherapy... this technique is to tighten skin but I have noted it does melt some fat in the areas of treatment as well.  With Ultheraphy there is no downtime just some tenderness to the region for a week to two.  Hope this helps-
J. Wethe

James Wethe, MD
Torrance Plastic Surgeon

Multiple Option for Correcting Your Double Chin

Hello and thank-you for sharing your question and photos.

Correction of a double chin can be achieved either though a surgical or non-invasive approaches. Liposuction of the chin and neck produces consistently good results for appropriate candidates. We are very excited with the development of several non-invasive techniques for correction of a double chin. Ultherapy of the lower face and  submental neck can provide both skin tightening and fat reduction for more definition.  We also offer the Cool mini as a non-surgical alternative to liposuction for the right candidate. Generally, two treatments are required separated by 4-6 weeks.  We also offer Kybella which is another non-surgical alternative to liposuction. Generally 3-6 treatments are needed separated by 4-6 weeks.   

I would visit with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area to learn about your options..

Best regard

Andrew T. Lyos, MD, FACS

Non surgical permanent procedures to remove the excess fat under my chin where it meets my neck?

Hi, I have performed many Chin Augmentations using chin implants for over 30 years.  From the photos, your chin is weak and there is excess fat and skin below the chin.  A weak chin creates an imbalance making the nose appear larger, the mid face top heavy and the lower face look short that de-emphasizes the lips and allows early formation of a double chin.  Chin augmentation using a chin implant will add projection to the chin creating harmony and balance to the lower face.  I have found that placement of a silastic chin implant, through a small curved incision under the chin (also allows excess skin removal) to be very safe, quick, highly effective and far less invasive than a sliding genioplasty.  I perform chin implant surgery in 30 minutes or less, often using a local anesthetic alone.  There are no, non surgical permanent methods of providing the proper chin bone projection.  Some form of Chin Augmentation combined with submittal liposuction and excision of excess skin is required.  Lipo-dissolving or external skin tightening measures will likely be marginally effective or create loose skin.

Hope this helps.

Non surgical permanent procedures to remove the excess fat under my chin where it meets my neck

I think you could try Kybella to dissolve some of the fat and give you a better angle to your neck,  otherwise it would require liposuction

Julio Garcia, MD

Neck fat can be treated several ways

Hi, I just added some links that might be helpful...

Hi nicoledye.  Thanks for sharing a photo with your question.  Effective treatments for the fat under the chin include Coolsculpting, radiofrequency microneedling that reaches deep into fat, Kybella injections and liposuction.  If your fullness extends along the sides of your face, liposuction is a better option.  CS and Kybella may require more than one treatment and, like RF microneedling, will take months for results to be visible.  All can be completed under local anesthetic.  CS and RF microneedling takes 1 hour to perform, and Kybella  takes about 15 minutes  (including numbing.)  Consult with a board certified PS with experience in all four options to learn more.  Best wishes,

Double Chin/Neck -- Kybella, Vaser/Thermi RF Jawline Contouring

we do a significant amount of jawline concontouring and fat removal and like VASER/ThermiRF combination to get the best outcomes that are permanent.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Based on your one photo and without a complete physical exam, I'm inclined to say that you may want to consider a series of RF (radio-frequency) treatments that can reduce superficial fat. I understand that you do not want anything surgical. However, for my patients that share this concern, I prefer to do the procedure with Tickle Liposuction. It does not require general anesthesia, and the down time is better because the technology is more gentle. I prefer this, because I can contour the neck/jawline with more predictable results than a non-surgical procedure can. Plus, there aren't multiple treatment sessions necessary. It's all done on the same day.There are several methods on the market for treating this concern. Always seek a licensed medical professional and a plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.Good luck!

Reza Rod, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction for fatty deposit in the neck

In our practice, we do not recommend any facial fat removal.  We only remove fat deposits in the neck with liposuction.  More information and many examples, please see the link and the video below