Is soreness in my muscles normal with swelling after a full abdominalplasty?

I was boxing and doing HITT train regularily prior to my surgery. I in the last month have finally been able to do a plank without falling. I want to work out strenuouslulu again but am afraid because of the soreness and swelling that occurs after any type of excercise. Not sure if it is just fear that is holding me back of damaging the sown muscles

Initial healing after any surgical procedure usually takes about six weeks. I recommend to all of my patients to avoid any strenuous activity or anything that will raise blood pressure during the first two to three weeks following surgery and then gradually increase activities so that by six weeks most are able to resume full “normal” activities. Some soreness can be expected during the healing phase which can vary from patient to patient. Obviously the more strenuous the activity the more time it may take to return to your normal. Follow up with your surgeon should you have any prolonged discomfort.