Could botox lift my sagging upper eye lid?

I'm wondering whether Botox could work to lift my sagging upper eyelids. Im wondering whether it would given an acceptable appearance on a man?

Botox to Lift Brow

It is difficult to determine if Botox is right for you without a full assessment.  Botox may assist in slightly lifting the brow.

I'd recommend booking a consultation with a skilled and qualified injector to discuss your options. 

Take care. 

Botox on upper lids

Botox can give a slight lift to the brow, but it's not going to address sagging skin on the upper lid. Without seeing you in person, impossible to say whether Botox can help you achieve your desired outcome. I would advise you to schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area (link below) to discuss your options. Best, Dr. Nazarian

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

Botox and Upper Eyelids

Botox doesn't work to lift sagging lids, it can help lift the brow but I have not seen that substantial enough to lift the eye lids themselves.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Can a Botox brow lift raise the eyelids too?

Dear Scott33yearsOld:

Botox is a  injectable muscle relaxer. When used by a talented and skillful injector, the level and arch of the eyebrows may be lifted. Since the brows are adjacent to the eyelids, the brow lift may pull the eyelid up and reduce lateral eyelid hooding as well.

Caveats to consider:
  • Men generally desire a flatter brow at the level of the orbital rim.
  • If there is significant upper eyelid skin excess, a Botox brow lift will not help; consider a upper eyelid blepharoplasty.
  • If improperly injected, your brow may descend and your eyelid may also descend.
  • If the skin is not well attached to the underlying muscle of the brow, Botox which changes the balance of pull will not lift the eyebrow.
Consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon with considerable Botox experience to achieve the goals you desire. All the best!

Dean P. Kane, MD, FACS

Botox and Brow Lift

You can definitely get a subtle brow lift through Botox at your age.  I would definitely consult an experienced board certified dermatologist in this area since you want a lift and not a droop. Best, Dr. Green

Lifting the Eyebrow and Upper Lid for a Male

Thanks for your question Scott.  At the age of 33 I think a trial of botulinum (Xeomin or Botox) to raise your eyebrows is worthwhile.  The results are thankfully not too dramatic (since that's feminizing) but can be subtly helpful.  Seek a consultation with a Bd Certified plastic surgeon or dermatologist and discuss your options.  Good luck with your results.
Jon A. Perlman, M.D. FACS

Jon A. Perlman, MD

This can work well for some men. It is important to find an injector who understand the male aesthetic and treats male patients. In women we typically try to elevate the outer part of the brow to create more arch. In men the inner and the outer portion of the brow both need to be elevated to avoid an overly arched or feminized brow. Best.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox

Thank you for your question in regards to Botox.

Without a photo it is very difficult to make a suggestion if Botox can help you achieve your desired goals. Men and women both receive Botox injections, it only depends on if you are good candidate for Botox.
To be sure what is best for you, see two or more board-certified providers in your area for a complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have treatment.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

Botox to help the eyelids

Thanks for your question. It really depends on why you have the heaviness in the upper part of your lids. If you have heaviness there because your brow has dropped, then Botox can be helpful by achieving a little bit of a lift. However, if you simply have lots of extra, saggy eyelid skin, then Botox probably won't be able to help. You'd ultimately need eyelid surgery to remove the extra skin. I'd visit with an MD who is experienced in Botox to get an opinion. Good luck.

Robert S. Schmidt, MD
College Station Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox and Eyelids

Thanks for your question. We get this question by our patients often. Botox can work to some degree but it depends on the amount of droop that is present. Other options including skin products and procedures including laser, microneedling and surgery could be done. It would be best to get a quick assessment to give you a better answer. Since your in Calgary, give us a call at 403-271-3627 and book a consultation for Botox. Good luck. 

Alim R. Devani, MD, FRCPC
Calgary Dermatologist