I have rosacea. Can my skin ever get back to normal with all my red spots and broken blood vessels? (Photo)

Ive had 3 treatments with a new to the market impulse dye laser

Broad Band Light

The Sciton BBL laser should significantly decrease the appearance of Rosacea. You will need a series of 3-5 treatments but after one should notice a significant difference. The treatments should be spaced 6 weeks apart. After your regimen I would consult with your physician to see if there a skin care regimen to continue to keep rosacea under control. The BBL photo facial should be continued a few times a year to maintain healthy skin.

Rosacea, lasers and treatments.

Rosacea is very complex and a tailored treatment program give the best results. This is because there are many types of rosacea (telengtctatic or capillaries, flushing and redness, acne like rosacea, ocular rosacea and even rhinophyma rosacea.)

To add to the complexity, everyone has different flare factors- Sunlight, stress, foods, chemical irritants, creams, changes in temperature, alcohol. The list goes on.

A detailed history, together with a treatment tailored according to YOUR type of rosacea will give the best results. As a guide, we use a combination of -

1. Lasers ( to treat redness, broken capillaries, rhinophyma, flushing)- best laser is the V BEAM. IPL can be used, but usually not as effective. Excel V is a great laser and is newer than V BEAM, probably will be the leading laser in the future. 

2. Creams - anti inflammatory

3. Tablets -anti - inflammatory and sometimes low dose Vitamin A.

4. For females- Mineral make up is recommend, over make up that contains parabens.

For the best results, consult a dermatologist for both medical and laser treatment options.

Kind regards

Dr Davin S. Lim
Laser Dermatologist
Brisbane, Australia.

Davin Lim, MBBS, FACD
Brisbane Dermatologist

Rosacea -- ProYellow Laser, Pulsed Dye/Vbeam, Excel V ; combine with clear + brilliant and microneedling

There are many options for redness, but no cure.  you will get improvement but it will require treatments over time to maintain.  I like the yellow laser or excel V the best.  Dr. Emer.

I have rosacea. Can my skin ever get back to normal with all my red spots and broken blood vessels?

The right rosacea treatments and medical therapy can help control and manage rosacea. Without treatment, the condition can get worse. Because the signs and symptoms of rosacea can vary from one patient to another, we customize treatments based on each individual patient.

These rosacea treatments can include a mix of topical (including antibiotics and anti-inflammatory gels) and oral medications (including antibiotics), only if absolutely necessary. Our patients have achieved impressive results with our state-of-the-art lasers and/or intense pulsed light therapy. I like to recommend the Vbeam laser, at times in combination with a chemical peel. VBeam treats red skin, broken blood vessels, rosacea, and birthmarks.

Modern treatments usually give quick improvement and the key is consistency with treatment. You will see dramatic results; it just takes time—and a combination of treatments and therapies.

Dennis Gross, MD

there are now very good treatments for rosacea. you should see a board certified dermatologist and get on a good regimen.it will take time but it will be of great benefit

Melvin Elson, MD
Nashville Dermatologist