Is Revlite laser going to affect Botox done the week before?

I just had Botox done and have a revlite laser booked for next week for melasma treatment. Is the revlite going to reduce the efficacy of the Botox? Or are the safe to use in conjunction with each other?

Revlite and Botox

I have the Conbio laser in my office and the question really is what type of treatment will you be having with the Revlite.  Depending on what treatment it is you can have Botox done immediately afterwards. If you are having more resurfacing or extensive brown spots, you are best to wait at least a week to have Botox injected.  Please consult a specialist.  Best, Dr. Green

Botox and RevLite Treatment

I do both treatments on the same day there is no reason why you cannot.  Please see an expert. Best, Dr. Emer.

Botox and other treatments

It varies from doctor to doctor as to the timing of treatments around the time of Botox but I like to have a period of 2 weeks between Botox and any other treatment

Melvin Elson, MD
Nashville Dermatologist

Thank you for your question. A laser treatment one week before Botox is plenty of time. It is not ideal to have any laser treatments the same day following a Botox treatment. 

Martin Jugenburg, MD

When can other treatments be done after Botox injections

In general, we suggest waiting a day or two before any other treatment to facial areas treated with Botox.  This would include massaging and 'facials' as well.  Some treatments can be done prior to giving Botox, but we always make sure that those treatments are not going to cause swelling and potentially cause Botox to drift into unintended areas.  Most studies now show that the bulk of Botox has bound to the neuromuscular synapse within four hours, so we encourage patients for those first few hours to keep hands off and move the muscles a bit to allow for optimal binding.   Hope that helps!

Steven Swengel, MD
Los Gatos Dermatologic Surgeon

Impact of laser on Botox

There is no laser, including Revlite, that will have any impact on Botox or fillers 1 week after those treatments were performed.

Benjamin Barankin, MD
Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon