Puffy eye lids one day after Botox.

I had Botox injection one day ago for an eye brow lift and my eye lids are puffy and feel tired. I also feel pressure above my eye brows. Is this normal? Will it go away or get worse with time?

Puffy Eyelids After Botox

It is too early to see the side effects of Botox. I recommend scheduling a follow up with your physician.

Summit Emergency Medicine Physician

Botox

Thanks for your question. Optimal results are reached at about two weeks, if not sooner. The pressure will decrease just be patient. Best, Dr. Katz

Bruce E. Katz, MD

Puffy eye lids after Botox

Thank you for your question abateson. I am sorry to hear about your situation. Botox is a purified protein used to address wrinkles associated with facial expressions. Puffiness and pressure are normal after Botox. I tell my patients that such effects usually resolve after the first week or two. Please consult with a doctor for specific recommendations. Good luck!

Alex Eshaghian, MD, PhD
Encino Physician

Tired feeling

It can take 7-10 days for your botox to fully kick in. That feeling of being tired or heavy is not unusual during this time period as your muscles are basically weakening due to the product. Feeling this so soon, I suspect is due to the trauma of the needle poking your skin/muscle and the fluid that was put into place. Your brain is telling the muscle to move a certain way, as it has before the botox. But your skin and muscles were recently injured with the needle and as the botox starts to work, the muscles will respond less and less. Your brain is aware of all of these sensations, and you feel it as being tired or heavy trying to do the same movement. Eventually, your brain will tune out that sensation once it realizes that those muscles are not going to respond to movement impulses. Most of my patients have this sensation completely gone sometime between week 1 and week 2. So I agree with others to give it more time, but if the symptoms persist, then please go see your provider. 

Miguel A. Gutierrez, MD
Torrance Dermatologist

Puffy Eyes after Botox

You can definitely have some swelling one day out after the injections.  You need to wait two weeks to evaluate the full effect of Botox.  If after two weeks you are still puffy please consult your treating physician.  Best, Dr. Green

Botox results

It is too soon to see the results of the Botox injection. Bruising, swelling and some redness can be seen after any injectable treatment but is not too common after Botox injection by an experienced injector. While I suspect your symptoms just represent post injection reactions, I would followup with your injector with any concerns. 

Puffy eye lids one day after Botox

Yes, this is normal and should get better within a few days. If it does not get better contact your doctor.

Swelling is Normal

This is absolutely normal and should subside in a few days. If you're still feeling a little droopy in the eyelids, thermage/venus legacy and fillers will help improve this. See an expert. Best, Dr. Emer

Botox

This is normal and should subside after a few days. It takes about 2 full weeks to see the results from Botox. 

Leo Lapuerta, MD

Puffiness after Botox brow lift

This shouldn't occur. Discuss with your doctor. It is really early to see the effects of the Botox at this point. Swelling or bruising can occur but is usually minimal with a good injector.

Steven F. Weiner, MD