Laser Hair Removal - brazillian - lumenis light sheer.

I got my first session of laser hair removal done about 2 weeks ago with the Lumenis LightSheer laser. My question is: over 3/4 of the hair has fallen out and i am just wondering if typically when the hair falls out that means that its generally gone for good (obviously there are exceptions) or do people normally lose pretty much all thier hair after each session but only some of it grows back? I was just surprised to see so much gone in my forst visit if it is generally gone for good.

Light Sheer Duet Results

Although the laser treatments seem to be effective, it is highly unlikely that you will only need one treatment. Typically people have 5-7 treatments, and maintain this hair reduction after their series of treatments. A more accurate term for these treatments is actually laser hair reduction, because there is no guarantee that your hair will be permanently removed. Your hair will grow back after each treatment slower than it did following your last until eventually your hair will not grow back for an extended period of time. Typically, an 80-85% reduction of hair following a series of treatments is a success. Talk with your laser technician about your results at your next treatment. 

Fayetteville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Hair removal with Lightsheer Duet laser

I wouldn't make any judgments after only one treatment. It is done in a series of 6 or more. I do them every 2-4 weeks. Expect 75% hair removal with the treatment and every 6-12 months, futher touch ups will be needed. I've been using this laser for about 6 years and it is a very reliable laser.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Results after first Lightsheer laser treatment.

Dear shannydawg, your results are typical of treatment this excellent hair reduction laser. Because of the cycle of hair growth, additional treatments are needed to remove hair that emerges from the resting phase (called telogen) with spacing based on the area being treated. Usually the recommended series of treatments results in about 90% complete hair growth reduction, with occasional touch ups needed afterwards.

Harrison C. Putman III, MD
Peoria Facial Plastic Surgeon