My inscion opened up and drained a little bit. Now is closed but still red? (photo)

Should I now start taping the whole inscion again or is it infected ?

My inscion opened up and drained a little bit. Now is closed but still red?

I would definitely recommend following up with your plastic surgeon as soon as you can. If your surgeon prescribed you an antibiotic course, continue to take it and keep the area covered. All surgeons have different ways of dealing with wound separation. 

See your surgeon

You should make an appointment with your plastic surgeon for an in person examination as the symptoms you are describing could indicate a number of things. More pictures would be helpful, but having your doctor examine you and prescribe further treatment is probably necessary.
Good luck!

Wound separation?

From the photograph, it appears that you have a small amount of wound separation. Each plastic surgeon may have their own plan for this. My recommendation would be supportive care with antibiotic ointments until the wound is healed. I recomend you check with your operating plastic surgeon for their recommendations and follow them. 

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS

Needs a recheck

An examination by your doctor will help.
For now, keep it covered with antibiotic ointment and guaze.
Likely it is superficial, buy your doc will need to check it out.
Dr. Denkler

BA incision

Thank you for your question. You really need to have your surgeon take a look at that ASAP. We need to be sure that it completely heals to avoid bacteria trying to get around your implant. It does not look overly bad in the photo, but this is something that should be seen today and treated appropriately. Best wishes.

Paul J. Leahy, MD
Leawood Plastic Surgeon

This needs to be seen by your surgeon

SweetyCake:  Based on the picture you included it appears as though you had a small fluid collection under your skin which finally opened and drained on its own.  The skin appears irritated from the tape.  It is impossible however to rule out infection based on this photo alone.  I would NOT recommend you tape the wound closed again but would instead leave it open to continue draining any fluids which may remain trapped.  I WOULD recommend you follow up with your surgeon asap to evaluate for possible infection and treatment.

I wish you the best of luck with this!

G. Robert Meger MD

Breast Augmentation/ Breast Implants/ Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/Silicone Implants/Revision Breast Surgery

I appreciate your question.

Since there has been a change in your post op course, please contact your surgeon so he/she can examine you and recommend the most appropriate treatment plan at this time.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

Dr. Schwartz
Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute
#RealSelf100Surgeon

Breast augmentation

Thank you for your question. The symptoms you are conveying seem quite concerning for an infection. I would seek an evaluation with your surgeon as soon as possible.

Best wishes
Theodore Nyame M.D.

Theodore Nyame, MD
Charlotte Physician