I have a root canal scheduled the day following Dysport injections to the forehead and frown lines. Is this okay?

The time between the two appointments will be 19 hrs. Both being affecting nerves I have my concerns.

Root Canal and Dysport

Having root canal procedure done the day after receiving Dysport is okay. Nevertheless, you should not have this procedure done for 2 weeks after receiving dermal fillers. This is because there is a higher risk for infection

with fillers.

Summit Emergency Medicine Physician

Root canal and Dysport.

There should not be a problem having a root canal the next day after Dysport. Good luck! Dr. ALDO :)

Aldo Guerra, MD

Dysport and Root Canal

There is no risk of undergoing Dysport treatment to the forehead, glabella or crow's fee prior to your root canal. The small amount of product injected into the muscles of the upper third of the face have no consequence on your dental surgery.  

Gilbert Lee, MD

Should be OK to get a root canal after Dysport

I don't foresee any problems with getting a root canal one day after Dysport injections.  Generally, I ask my patients not to lay down flat for 3 hours after their Dysport injection.  However, after a full day, you should be able to resume most activity.

Jill C. Fichtel, MD
Columbus Dermatologic Surgeon

Dysport & Dentistry

Sure, you can have a root canal after Dysport. You may still have some swelling from your injection, but it won't interfere with your procedure or your results. Best, Dr. Emer

Dysport and Root Canal

You can have a root canal the day after your Dysport injection.  It should have not effect on your final result.  

I hope this helps.  

I do not recommend doing this on the same day.

The day following should be fine. Fillers should have more time before the dentist puts there hands all over your face.  Sorry about the need for the root canal.

Root canal after Dysport

This is not a problem at all. However this should not be done after dermal filler for 2 weeks. There is increased risk of infection with fillers. 

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Root Canal Following Dysport

There are no contraindications among procedures, such as a root canal, following Dysport. The only possible caution I would mention is if you were having the root canal done a couple of hours following Dysport, as we always advise our patients not to lie down for at least three hours after. Since that is not the case, I wouldn't worry and would tell you to proceed with your root canal as scheduled.

Dennis Gross, MD