i drank a bottle of vodka and smoked a pack of cigarettes. can i still get surgery today?

Alcohol

Really?  I'm sure you were told nothing to eat or drink after midnight?  Did you follow these instructions? Also, if you really drank a bottle of vodka, you are not likely to be able to give a proper informed consent today due to intoxication. I would recommend holding off on your surgery, or at the very least, discussing fully with your plastic surgeon and anesthesiologist.  In my practice, I'm sure the anesthesiologist would cancel your procedure, even if I did not.  

Breast Augmentation/ Breast Implants/ Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/Silicone Implants/Revision Breast Surgery

I would recommend that you let your plastic surgeon and anesthesiologist know as soon as possible as it is most likely not safe to move forward with surgery at this time.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

I drank a bottle of vodka and smoked a pack of cigarettes. can i still get surgery today?

Thank you for your question. I would recommend letting your plastic surgeon know as it might not be safe to proceed with the surgery.

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Smoking & Alcohol and Surgery

Hello, I would recommend delaying your surgery. Contact your surgeon and let him know of the situation to discuss when would be the best reschedule your surgery.

Kamran Azad, MD
Pasadena Physician

Your surgeon gave you the preop protocol you were to follow and I am pretty sure that included no alcohol or tobacco before surgery. It would be dangerous to have surgery today. From your question I would have serious concerns regarding your ability to make appropriate decisions and so should probably abandon any thought of elective surgery until you can make mature decisions. 

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Prior to surgery

Thank you for your question. You should discuss these activities with your Board Certified Plastic Surgeon so that he/she can provide with options to get the optimum results.

Benjamin J. Cousins MD

Benjamin J. Cousins, MD
Miami Beach Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for your question. Unfortunately it would not be wise to continue with surgery today and you should relay this information to your surgeon.  Best wishes.

Verify with your surgeon

It would be best to verify or let your plastic surgeon know about this.  Usually smoking is prohibited 1-2 weeks prior to surgery since it could cause risks of infection and complications.  Same goes with alcohol.  Best of luck, Dr. Michael Omidi.

Michael M. Omidi, MD, FACS

Smoking and drinking day of surgery

Hello and thank you for reaching out. I would discuss your daily activities with your surgeon immediately. If you have consumed anything to eat or drink 8 hours prior to your surgery, I wouldn't think the surgery could continue. Be very honest about the smoking as well since that is a huge factor in your healing. Best Wishes. 

Recent drinking and cigarette smoking

You should discuss you recent issues with your plastic surgeon. Breast augmentation which can be an extremely safe and fulfilling operation that can be performed safely may be affected by your recent activities. Make sure you discuss this ASAP with your surgeon.

Dr. Ravi Somayazula