I had gynecomastia surgery yesterday using SAFE liposuction. Was told I would experience drainage but it has not happened?

Hey! I had gynecomastia surgery yesterday using SAFE liposuction. Was told I would experience drainage of fluid but has not happened. I can feel the fluid in my chest over my clavicles and my sternum and am pretty sure some fluid has drained down into my abdomen as I look "fuller" than normal. It is also quite tender to palpation in my abdominal flanks. Other than that I feel fine. Meeting with my surgeon tomorrow but is this lack of fluid drainage and tenderness something to be concerned about?

Drainage in Liposuction and Excision Combined

In a combined liposuction and excision procedure for gynecomastia the doctor combines the liposuction technique and excision technique to create a natural look. Results and Recovery Visible results are immediate. Patients are given specific instructions for the recovery period. Dressings and bandages will be applied to incisions and a support garment will be used to support the new chest contour and minimize swelling. At times, a thin small tube will be placed under the skin in order to drain fluid and blood that may collect. The results are usually permanent. On occasion the condition may return and treatment will need to be repeated.

Now, since it has only been one day, post-op healing has only begun and bruising and swelling may exist for another six weeks. They are normal and usually increase slightly after the removal of any tape or foam. The bruising will decrease over 3-4 weeks, but may last as long as 6 weeks. The majority of the swelling will be gone within the first 3-4 weeks. However it may take 6-9 weeks to disappear completely. The compression garment helps reduce the swelling, and the longer it is worn, the more quickly you will heal. If you find yourself worried at all about the healing process it would be good to visit your surgeon in person to have the area evaluated for proper healing. Good luck!