I'm a guy and cellulite is killing me. Which methods can work? (Photo)

Hello, I am a 24 year old guy. Since high school, expecially my butt and upper legs (front and back, both) are looking like cottage cheese. Every year it is getting worse and worse. If I were a woman, I would happily live with it but I am a guy and seeing these things is killing me. I feel like I am cursed with this and sometimes i wanna kill myself. I work out a LOT and all of my hard effort is being wasted... Please explain all methods that can work and expecially cellulaze.. Please help.. :(

Cellulaze for Cellulite treatment

Thank you for your question and photos. I recommend Cellulaze for the treatment of cellulite and from your photos you appear to be a good candidate for the procedure. Cellulaze is a great minimally invasive procedure that can improve the appearance of cellulite up to 80%. Other benefits of Cellulaze include:

Treats cellulite from under the skin rather than over the dermis like typical treatments
Quick healing process
Long-lasting results
Single treatment

I recommend consulting with a qualified physician for a full consultation.

Cellulite treatment

If you truly have cellulite, cellulaze may be a good option for you. Cellulaze uses a laser under the skin to attack the anatomic causes of cellulite. It is a minimally invasive procedure that takes 1-2 hours and can be safely done under local or just IV sedation. It is an FDA approved treatment for cellulite and requires only one treatment. Hope this is helpful.

Dr. Sugene Kim

While cellulite is much rarer in men than women, men can definitely suffer from it as well. There are a variety of ways to treat cellulite in men and women, the latest and most effective of which is Cellfina. Cellfina is a non-invasive cellulite reduction system that is FDA approved for results that last for at least two years. Cellulite dimpling is caused by bands of fibrous connective tissue pulling down the skin, and Cellfina works by severing these bands, allowing the skin to smooth out. I recommend visiting a board-certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon who can explain the different cellulite treatment options available and come up with a treatment plan that will work best for your individual case.

Mitchel P. Goldman, MD
San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

Cellulite is caused by connective bands woven throughout the fat that pull down the skin, creating dimpling seen on the skin’s surface. It is genetic in nature. Some people can loosen the tension on these bands by decreasing the amount of fat between the skin and the underlying fascial connection. Others just have cellulite and are skinny.

The Cellfina procedure is a minimally invasive one that numbs the area around the dimple on your buttocks or thighs, and then treats the connective bands woven throughout the fat that pull down the skin, creating dimpling seen on the skin’s surface. The Cellfina cellulite procedure works by precisely treating these tethered bands, causing them to fully release. Similar to a rubberband under tension, once released, the treated skin bounces back to smooth itself out in as little as three days.

Weight gain or weight loss should not affect the outcomes and the results have been seen for over 2 years (if not more). It is truly a really exciting new technology that most women can benefit from.

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

Cellulite Treatment in Guys On Buttock

This is a common complaint and I do a significant amount of hi definition liposuction, buttock/chest/calves/shoulders augmentation in males and cellulite treatments.  Vaser smooth and/or cellfina or traditional subcision with fat transfer work well here.  After these procedures you follow your treatments with venus legacy or velashape.  There is nothing to "cure" cellulite as this is genetic, but you can get significant improvement.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Your cellulite problem is a common one. Fortunately, finally there are effective ways to minimize this problem. Perhaps the least invasive one is  Cellfina™. Cellfina is the only FDA-cleared minimally invasive, one-time procedure clinically proven to improve the appearance of cellulite for at least two years—the longest FDA-cleared duration for a cellulite treatment. A straightforward solution to cellulite, Cellfina™, combines a proven approach with innovative, proprietary technology, to produce precise, long-lasting results and has a high satisfaction rating on RealSelf. Together with Velashape 3, a non invasive procedure to help "shrink wrap the skin" and further minimize cellulite as a combination treatment is perhaps your best chance for taking care of this tough problem. Cellulaze is also a possible treatment but much more invasive

Best Options?

For treating #cellulite, my office typically recommends one of three treatment plans: #Cellfina, #VelaShape III, #ThremiSmooth.

#Cellfina is the newest technology and probably most effective. It is a minimally invasive one-time procedure under local anesthetic that removes the fibrous bands under the skin that cause fat to bulge through creating the appearance of cellulite.

#VelaShape and #ThermiSmooth are #non-invasive #bodyshaping products that can help reduce the appearance of your cellulite over the course of multiple sessions.

Book an in-person consultation with a #BoardCertified #PlasticSurgeon to determine which treatment plan is right for you.

Best of luck.

Cellfina / Cellulite Reduction/ Liposuction/ Skin Tightening / BBL/ High Definition Procedures

Cellfina is an FDA approved minimally invasive procedure that reduces the appearance of cellulite for at least two years on the buttocks and back of the thighs of women.
It works by releasing the internal bands that cause the cellulite dimpling and so we have not seen any fat atrophy. You should not see much of a difference with weight gain or loss but this also has not been studied.
Other areas of the body with dimpling, it is important to make sure it is truly cellulite before treatment.

It is common to have swelling bruising and firmness after the procedure. This can last for a few weeks.
It is different than Cellulaze which is a laser.
If you have had previous poor results with cellulaze, you can still do Cellfina.
Cellfina has shown 100% noticeable improvement and 96% satisfaction in all patients at 2 years.
Cellfina is designed to be a one time procedure.
It can be used on women with all skin types but caution should be taken if theres a history of keloiding.  It can also be combined with other treatments such as Thermi or Ulthera if skin tightening is needed.

We have done Sculpsure and Coolsculpting if fat reduction is wanted, but its best to wait 3 months to see the results before proceeding.

It can also be done at the same time as other procedures such as liposuction and BBL or as a stand alone procedure in the office.

Since Cellfina outcomes can be based on technique and experience, please see a board certified plastic surgeon that specializes body contouring to see if Cellfina or other treatments are available to meet your goals.

Take care,

Dr. Schwartz
Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute

Men can have cellulite

Cellfina is safe and effective for the treatment of mild to moderate Cellulite.  It is minimally invasive, performed under local anesthesia in the office.  There is essentially no downtime.  The procedure takes less than 45 minutes typically if you are treating less than 15 areas.

I'm a guy and cellulite is killing me. Which methods can work?

There are several ways to address cellulite depending upon depth of cellulite, location, elasticity of overall skin envelope, and subcutaneous fat layer.

Beverly Hills, CA