Do I need full Tummy tuck/ mini Tummy tuck or Coolsculsping? (photos)

Do i need a full tummy tuck, mini tummy tuck or coolsculsping? Will coolsculsping work for me? Would prefer a less invasive option

Dr. Felipe Amaya recommendation

Definitely you need a surgical option. In your photo it is difficult to appreciate the degree of sagging you have in your abdomen. You can send a picture tightening your abdomen between your fingers to define if a lipo would be enough or if you need an Abdominoplasty (Tummy Tuck).

Colombia Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck - Which procedure is best?

Thank you for your question and photos. You appear to be an excellent candidate for a full tummy tuck. The skin excision and muscle tightening could give you an excellent contour as well as improve the tone of the anterior abdominal wall. Please see a board certified plastic surgeon for an in-person examination to discuss the specific details of the procedures. Ask to see before and after photos to get an idea of what can be achieved. Hope this helps!

Do I need full Tummy tuck/ mini Tummy tuck or Coolsculsping?

It depends what you are hoping to achieve as each surgery has its own surgical risks and benefits and aesthetic results. Cool sculpting will likely not give you what you are hoping to achieve. Consult with an experienced board certified plastic surgeon. 

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Each surgery has its own risks and benefits. It would appear from the photo that a full tummy tuck may be possible and likely the best option if you are willing to have the scar, and the downtime. Not a good candidate for cool sculpting to get a result you would be satisfied with. 

Arko Demianczuk, MD
Vancouver Plastic Surgeon

Full vs mini tt vs fat reduction only

each one of the options you mentioned will provide a different result, but each one also has different degrees of invasiveness, downtime and recovery, benefits and potential complications.  you should consult with a board certified plastic surgeons to review your specific goals to determine which is best for you.  a full tummy tuck with liposuction can remove more skin and fat than the other options - and also tighten underlying abdominal muscles.  a mini tummy tuck removed less skin and fat and will not address upper abdominal fullness or muscle separation, and lastly cool sculpting or liposuction alone may remove some of the fat or the areas treated but will not remove any extra or loose skin and will not tighten and underlying muscles.

From this pictures it seems like you have enough skin laxity for a full tummy tuck. See a board certified plastic surgeon in your area with an expertise in body contouring and tummy tucks for more individualized information. In my practice in the San Francisco Bay Area I have come to the conclusion that the happiest patients are those that have realistic expectation on what a procedure will and won’t do for them.

Dean Vistnes, M.D.
Vistnes Plastic Surgery
San Francisco Bay Area

#realself #drdeanvistnes #tummytuck

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Dr derby

I would recommend you a full Tummy Tuck because i feel you will get the best result with that approach. Best of luck

Derby Sang Caputo, MD

Tummy tuck vs mini vs CoolSculpting

Hello and thanks for your photo

You may be able to consider full tummy tuck vs mini, vs CoolSculpting.You also may be able to consider liposuction.  It really depends on what type of result you're hoping to achieve. CoolSculpting is non-invasive but the results don't approximate "surgical" results. Liposuction contours but doesn't remove skin. Full tummy tucks remove both skin and fat, as well as contouring the abdominal wall ... but at the expense of a long scar and a bigger recovery.

It will be important for you to be examined in person by an experienced surgeon who can explain your various options and what each technique can and can't do.

Best wishes-