Can my columella be fixed from a bad lip lift? (photos)

I had a lip lift 5 months ago. My nasal base has been pulled down and my columella sits very low now.

COLUMELLA AND LIP LIFT

By looking at your photos, it seems that the lip lift it is not the reason for a change in the columella, it seems to be from the rhinoplasty and it is too soon to have an idea about the final result from the rhinoplasty. You should wait between 9 to 12 months after the surgery, for most of the swelling to go away and the scar tissue to get soft, by then you can have an in person evaluation of your case, and check your options.

Can my columella be fixed from a bad lip lift?

Hello verolukas,
Thanks for your question.
It appears you had a rhinoplasty and a lip lift at the same time.  This is not a common procedure for varying reasons.
A columellar suspension procedure is necessary to raise the columella into a more normal position.  Unfortunately, this may further pull up on the center of your lip, altering the appearance of the lip and your smile.
I would recommend that you seek out a revision facial surgery specialist for your touch up work if your first surgeon lacks the experience.
Good luck,
Dr. Shah

Manish H. Shah, MD, FACS
Denver Plastic Surgeon

Lip Lift

In your pictures it also appears that you have had some nasal tip changes as well perhaps from a simultaneous rhinoplasty? At five months out you are within the time frame to consider a revision. Pulling the columella back and up is a challenge but can be done. Since no tissue is being removed it will pull the central part of the upper lip up some more.

Lip Lift Complication

Inferior traction and migration of the columella is a known complication of a lip lift since the weight of the upper lip is hanging off the base of the nose. 
I would wait as long as a year to allow the maximum amount of relaxation of the pull before seeking a revision. Such a revision is essential a rope pull which would shorten the septal lining and septum which would retract the columella but may do so at the cost of further lifting the lip and may result in your lips not making contact at rest. 

Dr. Peter A. Aldea
Memphis, TN

Lip lift complication.

You need an in person consultation. The problem is raising your columella will raise your lip even further which may give you an incomplete lip seal. 

Columella

Hello and thank you for your question. This is one of many problems that can occur with a lip lift procedure.  This can be fixed, but will require an in-person consultation to give you the most accurate advice. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

5 months post op, some advices:

Thank you very much for enquire.
Swelling after a rhinoplasty depends of the surgery complexity.
In this regard, the nasal swelling Post-op It can last from two weeks to two months.
To reduce this swelling, I recommend you perform delicates daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the face (around the nose) avoid sun exposure, and take pain/inflamation pills, as your surgeron precribe you.
Kind regards,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD